cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combined Shipping

A buyer wants to purchase 2 of my items and get combined shipping.  She's never purchased 2 items from the same seller and I don't sell a lot on eBay so I've never sold 2 items to the same buyer.  Neither one of us can figure out how to complete this sale.  I thought she went to checkout and requested an invoice so I can adjust the shipping cost before she pays but she seems to be having difficulty and I don't know what to tell her.  Help, please!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Combined Shipping

Those sellers were correct, I forgot to mention that. If your listings have immediate payment checked the buyer cannot request an invoice.  You can set up combined shipping rules so that buyers don’t have to ask for an invoice but I don’t know if that will help this situation.

There are 2 options that I can think off.  One- cancel the sales and put both items in one listing with the correct shipping so that the buyer can repurchase.  
Two - ask the buyer to pay full shipping costs and you will refund the difference.  You can do that through the order on sellers hub .  Click on the arrow and click on send refund.  Enter the amount and reason.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Combined Shipping

Tell her to click the ADD TO CART button NOT the BUY NOW button. Then, on the cart page click "request total from seller".

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Combined Shipping

She will need to be on a computer to use the request total button in the cart.   It doesn’t work on the app.    Also, on your shipping preferences page, check that you allow combined payments and shipping.  The option for that is on the following page.  https://www.ebay.com/ship/prf?msg=Your%20preferences%20have%20been%20saved%20successfully.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Combined Shipping

She tells me:

There truly is no “request invoice” on any of the screens. I looked it up under the help section of EBAY and a couple of sellers said that no request invoice option will come up if the seller has their account set up for immediate payment. Could that be the problem?

My shipping preference settings are as follows:

Accept combined payments

Allow buyers to send one combined payment for all items purchased
Time period to combine payments 3 days

Create calculated shipping rules

Select rules for combining weights for purchases with calculated shipping

Combine all item weights

Is there anything else I need to change in my settings?

I will have to check with her regarding whether she is using a computer or a device with the app.

Please standby.  🙂

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Combined Shipping

Those sellers were correct, I forgot to mention that. If your listings have immediate payment checked the buyer cannot request an invoice.  You can set up combined shipping rules so that buyers don’t have to ask for an invoice but I don’t know if that will help this situation.

There are 2 options that I can think off.  One- cancel the sales and put both items in one listing with the correct shipping so that the buyer can repurchase.  
Two - ask the buyer to pay full shipping costs and you will refund the difference.  You can do that through the order on sellers hub .  Click on the arrow and click on send refund.  Enter the amount and reason.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Combined Shipping

She can add to card and purchase them all at once.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Combined Shipping

The buyer suggested paying the full shipping costs with a subsequent refund but I really wanted to avoid the 2 purchases/2 shipping labels/refund route if at all possible.

My daughter actually suggested the other option you mentioned; canceling the listings for the 2 items the buyer wanted and relisting them together with the correct shipping.   I was happy with doing it that way.  The buyer was happy.  The sale was completed and items are shipped.  Thank you!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Combined Shipping

It doesn't work that way either. To send the request, it requests a purchase commitment. Dumbest thing I've ever seen. no reason to exist. Purely in favor of the seller and ebay. The seller has no incentive to respond and ebay's benefit caming from multiple seller's listings for the same products grouped together.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply