cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine Shipping or Not

So I am selling items for our school and 1 customer bought a bunch of laptops.  I am not making any money on the shipping. But the customer wants me to combine shipping. I said no but I want some current feedback on the subject. It all costs, the boxes the bubble wrap. I want to make sure its insured too. 

Thanks

Sara

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Combine Shipping or Not

You’ll need to ship each item separately if you aren’t willing to combine shipping.combining shipping can save you both money or it can cause shipping costs to go higher.

ebay does not require sellers to give combined shipping. If a buyer asks and you say no, the right thing to do is ship each item separately. Some sellers will deny the buyers request and then ship everything in the same box. Not a good business practice.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

FYI you are selling high scam stuff. Be careful

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

What are you meaning?

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

When one customer buys a "bunch of laptops" I might be a bit suspicious.   It isn't normal buying activity IMO. 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Oh good point. Thanks

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

It's your choice to combine shipping or not, but given the nature of the items, you would do well, I think, to simply tell the buyer that for the protection of the items, it is best to ship them individually.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Absolutely ship each one separately.  Do not combine shipping.

1.  In order to ship each safely, you would really have to pack each one in a separate box.  Then palce all boxes in another box.   This requires a lot of packing and packing material to ensure safe shipping.  It is labor-intensive, to say the very least.

2.  A very high-scam item indeed.  Do yourself a favor and ship each one, packed separately with an individual tracking number for each laptop.

Do not ever allow a buyer to coerce you into  modifying your shipping terms from what you have outlined in the original listing.   Nothing good can come of this.   You are in control of how  items are shipped, so stick with your original shipping terms period. 

If your buyer complains, tell them you will cancel the item (s) at their request.  Please keep all communication via eBay messaging.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@sbprints wrote:

So I am selling items for our school and 1 customer bought a bunch of laptops. 

I see a total of four, two of them a week ago.  All low dollar items.  Not much risk here.

By the way ...

Generic Tablet PC T11B 2.00GHz 4gb Win10pro Touch-LOOKS like a Microsoft Surface

You can't do that.  It either is or it isn't.  'Looks like' doesn't fly.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I  assumed that these were "Higher value items"and a large quantity that two.  Thank you for researching the actual specifics of the sale.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Still despiteminimal risk, or item value,  I still standby this statement:

Do not ever allow a buyer to coerce you into  modifying your shipping terms from what you have outlined in the original listing.   Nothing good can come of this.   You are in control of how  items are shipped, so stick with your original shipping terms period. 

If your buyer complains, tell them you will cancel the item (s) at their request.  Please keep all communication via eBay messaging.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I wouldn't worry about not combining shipping. You are free to, of course, but you are under no obligation to include a service or shipping method you didn't offer.

Tell them the shipping costs include boxes and bubble wrap as well as the postage. If the buyer doesn't like it, you can offer to let them out of the sale.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Thanks
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

They are low cost items but we are a school and any bit helps :). We have a large amount of them but I have been selling them in small quantities like 10 each time. Should I be doing it differently.
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

So if not this "LOOKS like a Microsoft Surface" Do you have any suggestions? As this is a Generic Tablet and I can not find much info on these at all except for what is in the title.
Message 15 of 15
latest reply