Did you mean: 

Chargebacks on USPS shipments?

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Chargebacks on USPS shipments?

@genienenievesvigneri wrote:

What is the proven method to verify the scale?

This might  help

https://www.doityourself.com/stry/how-to-calibrate-a-digital-pocket-scale-without-weights

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson

View Best Answer in original post

Message 15 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Hi, @genienenievesvigneri.

can you please be more specific with your question?

buyers can file a chargeback with their cc provider on eBay our purchases. As a seller, you would not be covered if you did not have tracking on your package, and would be charged a $20 extra fee in that case.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

I'm selling items which weigh 8 ounces, pay for shipping through Ebay and then 1 to 3 weeks later, I receive an email stating that my original payment was insufficient, a new, inaccurate weight is stated, and USPS has withdrawn the additional money from my PayPal account.  I have already disputed many of these, citing I would be happy to take pictures of the box and item showing the weight of my shipment,  since I have multiples of the items and use the same size shipping box each time, boxes are Ebay branded.  I don't understand why I have to keep disputing these charges.  They have my money, I have to wait for reimbursement and spend additional time proving that the are not correct with their charges.   Just curious as to why, and if anyone else is going through the same thing?

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

I'm selling items which weigh 8 ounces, pay for shipping through Ebay and then 1 to 3 weeks later, I receive an email stating that my original payment was insufficient, a new, inaccurate weight is stated, and USPS has withdrawn the additional money from my PayPal account.  I have already disputed many of these, citing I would be happy to take pictures of the box and item showing the weight of my shipment,  since I have multiples of the items and use the same size shipping box each time, boxes are Ebay branded.  I don't understand why I have to keep disputing these charges.  They have my money, I have to wait for reimbursement and spend additional time proving that the are not correct with their charges.   Just curious as to why, and if anyone else is going through the same thing?

Its the new automated postage verification system. You should really investigate on your end & make sure you are weighing your packages correctly. Since its the same item, same box, it points to an error on your side.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

What is the exact weight of your complete package?

What method of shipment are you using?

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Possible that a scale could be inaccurate and require adjustment.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Example 1 Item in box, with packing tape, etc weighs 7.9 oz, roundEd up to 8oz on my end, chargedo for 11oz.

I have shipped duplicatea of the same item in the same box and receive underpayment charges for both items and the charges have different weights for both items with different cost.

I verified my scale by placing a 15 oz food package on top, which gave me 1 lb 2.5 oz, with the aluminum can.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

I place a 15oz can of peas on the scale which read 1 lb 2.5 oz, which should account for the aluminum can ando liquid at a 3.5 oz difference.   

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

I place a 15oz can of peas on the scale which read 1 lb 2.5 oz, which should account for the aluminum can ando liquid at a 3.5 oz difference.   

That doesn't prove the scale is correct. Most likely it is your scale that is off.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

I used to input the exact weight in accordance with my scale, i.e., 1.7oz.  My favorite now retired Clerk at the PO told me use 2lb because the PO was starting to double check the weight of pkg and if over .06oz, then the proper weight should be 2lbs 0oz., so that is what I've done.  I am pretty sure that the FC weight changed (not really sure because I do not have a lot of items that would qualify for FC), so that may be an issue too.

I even mailed a lightweight item to a friend and thought it would FC, which it was, but the weight was over .06oz so I had to go back home and bring my wallet instead of chump change 🙂

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

I mailed something the other day at 3lb weight when it should have been 2, so we'll see if they also do refunds like they said they would.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

You have to calibrate the scale.

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

What is this statement in reference to?

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

This might  help

https://www.doityourself.com/stry/how-to-calibrate-a-digital-pocket-scale-without-weights

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 15 of 23
latest reply