cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Selected Shiping

I keep running into problems where this shipping options given to me don't match what I selected.  And I keep seeing "Buyer Selected" Shipping that does not jive with the item and what I've already selected.  I measure and weight my package, 9lbs. 8 oz.  10"x10"'15" and selected USPS GROUND.  After the sale and payment is received I am ready to ship and see the shipping options are NOT GROUND.  It says "Buyer Selected" USPS priority flat rate envelope.  This item does not ship in an envelope and if I select that shipping, the post office will give me a problem.  Last time this happened they told me they will charge my account if there is a difference in weight and that it was a problem because the label was for an envelope and it was a box package.  Now I am ready to ship this package and do not see USPS parcel select Ground!

Message 1 of 70
latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

Buyer Selected Shiping

I feel like the buyer is trying to cheap out, then the post office acts like I am trying to cheat them out.  But I always measure and weight my packages before posting.  Why do I not see the correct options I've already selected when it comes time to print the shipping label?

Message 2 of 70
latest reply

Buyer Selected Shiping

This 'Buyer Selected' glitch has been occurring lately. Just choose the blue 'Compare all services' at the bottom of the label screen and adjust to how you had it listed.

Message 3 of 70
latest reply

Buyer Selected Shiping

I am glad to hear that someone else has had a problem with this.

Message 4 of 70
latest reply

Buyer Selected Shiping

Thanks for the reply, However when I click compare all services, I don't see my option that was originally selected that is USPS parcel select ground. The only options I see are priority flat rate boxes, priority flat rate envelopes, media mail, etc.  None of which are the correct one I selected at the time of posting the item for sale.

Message 5 of 70
latest reply

Buyer Selected Shiping

@pooch422 wrote:

Thanks for the reply, However when I click compare all services, I don't see my option that was originally selected that is USPS parcel select ground. The only options I see are priority flat rate boxes, priority flat rate envelopes, media mail, etc.  None of which are the correct one I selected at the time of posting the item for sale.

First select "custom size" then select "compare all services" then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the expanded options and Parcel Select should be there.

shipping.jpg

Ignore where it says buyer selected priority as that's showing on all shipments regardless of the shipping options in the listing. Use the shipping method that was on the listing. You can also go to the bulk shipping screen to print labels and that should show you the correct shipping method that was buyer selected at checkout.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 70
latest reply

Buyer Selected Shiping

Thank you for the reply.  That should fix my problem however this is what I see.  I don't know why my shipping is not jiving with what I originally selected. I may have to get ebay on the phone.  The correct postage has to be paid or USPS will bill my account.  At the very least the label has to be correct.  I select buyer has to pay for shipping and it has to be correct, otherwise why would I sell something for $30 and get billed $36 for shipping or charged extra because a label was incorrect.  That's why I package, weigh and measure before posting so postage is known ahead of time, and ebay calculates any adjustments depending on buyers location.

Message 7 of 70
latest reply

Buyer Selected Shiping

What happens when you go to the bulk shipping page to print the label?

https://ebay.com/bulk.labels

Also, unless this is going to Zone 9 then the price difference between Priority and Parcel Select on your 10# package is incredibly tiny. It's worth shipping Priority with that difference.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 8 of 70
latest reply

Buyer Selected Shiping

Quite a few people are having the same problem.  I believe that some of them have just printed their label through Paypal.

Message 9 of 70
latest reply

Buyer Selected Shiping

This is what I see. I suppose I could select Priority mail and eat the 10 cent difference from what the buyer paid.  The only problem is that the post office is very picky and priority shipments have to be in priority boxes, and if you have a priority box and don't pay for priority shipping they will not accept the package.  I am unsure about paying for priority postage that is in a regular brown box if they will accept it or not.

Message 10 of 70
latest reply

Buyer Selected Shiping

I have received the Buyer selected message, and ignored it since my listing didn't give the buyer a choice. 

I have only used Parcel Select Ground a few times, so my experience may be different.  But I'm under the assumption that ground is a retail service that can only be purchased at a Post Office counter.  It's retail pricing.  Difference is shipping Ground v. Priority is a few cents, regardless of size, weight or destination.  Some items must be sent through Ground: hazardous, etc.

Message 11 of 70
latest reply

Buyer Selected Shiping

@pooch422 wrote:

The only problem is that the post office is very picky and priority shipments have to be in priority boxes, and if you have a priority box and don't pay for priority shipping they will not accept the package.  I am unsure about paying for priority postage that is in a regular brown box if they will accept it or not.

I have never once heard that, nor have I ever had a problem shipping Priority when  using my own packaging.

However if you want to ship Parcel Select then go to paypal.com/shipnow to print a a label.

GLORIOUS!

Message 12 of 70
latest reply

Buyer Selected Shiping

@pooch422… "The only problem is that the post office is very picky and priority shipments have to be in priority boxes, and if you have a priority box and don't pay for priority shipping they will not accept the package."

I ship USPS Priority all the time. A Priority label (P) is what you must have... not a Priority box. I ship in baby wipe boxes, recycled boxes from the bakery at Kroger, plain cardboard boxes, etc.

Feel free to recycle any sturdy box you have around the house and just get the 'P' label. Trust me.

Message 13 of 70
latest reply

Buyer Selected Shiping

I am having the same issue. I have a promotion for buy 5 get free economy shipping, and when anyone buys it, the shipping label defaults to Priority.

I think eBay has added a new feature that will pre-select a cheaper/faster option that may be different than what the listing says. So say your item is listed Media Mail for a 4oz package, which is $2.80. Depending on zone, sometimes it would be cheaper to send First Class Package for say, $2.78. The shipping label will default to that option, even though the listing and what the buyer selected was Media Mail.

That's all great, but it looks like it is not working properly in some cases, and defaulting to a higher priced one instead.

Ebay just plain sucks. They can't do anything right. So glad this is my last year dealing with them.

Message 14 of 70
latest reply

Buyer Selected Shiping

Same problem over here. Buyer paid and selected media mail on a pair of shoes. I had Parcel Post as an option, not media mail. I can go to Paypal and print a label but now that they charge fees for shipping costs, I take another hit. I tried contacting Ebay but unable to email them. I get routed to links that eventually don't open. I understand that People are working from home now, but I can't even report a problem. Seems like we are on our own to figure it out.
Message 15 of 70
latest reply