cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are USPS Padded Flat Rate Envelopes out of stock or no longer available? Can't even find them on the

website. I have heard about USPS free supplies being delayed or out of stock but I can't even find the Padded Flat Rate envelopes listed. If I am missing something please let me know. If not what alternatives are you using if these were your go to for certain orders? Luckily, I can usually just buy bubble mailers and send priority but sometimes the flat rate option is cheaper. Thanks!

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Are USPS Padded Flat Rate Envelopes out of stock or no longer available? Can't even find them on the

@busybeeshopper12 

Good idea from @mtgraves7984  to put your bubble envelope into the cardboard flat rate envelope, but if they don't fit, order the legal size ones too as a back up bc they will have extra room to stretch out and cost just a little more to ship.

Also, you can use the regional and flat rate boxes

I too don't see the bubble ones, must be OOS

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

I still see the Priority Flat Rate Envelopes available. Can you put those around your bubble mailers?

Message 2 of 47
latest reply

Oh I will have to look at that if they have regular flat rate and I can add my own bubbles that might be an alternative thanks. But where are the padded flat rate that they always had?

Message 3 of 47
latest reply

There was a shortage last year too.  By the time I received mine, I had forgotten I had even ordered them.  Not sure what the issue is.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 47
latest reply

Might get the Tyvak (sp) type, could be more flexible. I see bubble padded, but only in the express form.

Message 5 of 47
latest reply

yes only seeing express padded. That will be way too expensive to ship. Guess I will have to keep checking. Thanks.

Message 6 of 47
latest reply

thanks. I suppose that is the case but I hadn't seen anyone else posting that they aren't available at all. I would rather them still be listed on the USPS site and either be able to order with a long delay or at least have them still listed with an out of stock notice.

Message 7 of 47
latest reply

@busybeeshopper12 

Good idea from @mtgraves7984  to put your bubble envelope into the cardboard flat rate envelope, but if they don't fit, order the legal size ones too as a back up bc they will have extra room to stretch out and cost just a little more to ship.

Also, you can use the regional and flat rate boxes

I too don't see the bubble ones, must be OOS

Message 8 of 47
latest reply

Thank you. I will just have to work around it as you mentioned. I appreciate your helpful reply.

Message 9 of 47
latest reply

Generally, if you no longer see something listed, it would be a good indication that they will no longer be supplying that type or that the restocking will be so far out, they don't want to hold orders.

Message 10 of 47
latest reply

A friend sent me this screenshot of what is showing in their saved favorites on USPS....that "discontinued" doesn't look good. 😟

USPSflat.png

Message 11 of 47
latest reply

The clear envelopes for customs forms were also "discontinued" with a "page not found" about 2 years ago. They suddenly appeared back in the USPS store a couple months ago. I'm not counting out the PFREs just yet.

I've had a difficult time getting certain box sizes for a few months now (sizes 7 and 4).

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 12 of 47
latest reply

out of stock.

Ask yourself why?

Look online.  You can get them from "other than USPS" for no cost $0.00 for the item. Just pay a shipping charge.

That's where the bubble mailers have gone.

Message 13 of 47
latest reply

Legal flat or regular flat envelopes.

Message 14 of 47
latest reply

The USPS site says they are discontinued.  I have been using 100+ per month...this stinks if it holds.  The USPS "Newsroom" does say that the prepaid Priority Mail Flat Rate envelopes are being discontinued, but nothing on these.

Message 15 of 47
latest reply