cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another unfortunate Packing slip change

What is with this new packing slip change? None of the important information is on the packing slip anymore.

It used to have the price a customer purchased the item for. This was good for international items when customs wanted to see the value of an item. Long gone. Have to print that from paypal now.

Now the customer's user name and the custom message I used to put on there is gone. I used the custom message to put the serial number when an item that I sell has one. Better protection for me. Gone.

Now all you get is a single line with the item description, seller user name and a small list of messages that can be applied. Now its just so stupid.

packing slip.jpg

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Another unfortunate Packing slip change

Thank you. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I just found the change a couple days ago. New format won't print out on my computer. Even if it did, it seems to be a useless form anyway.

Don

(rubikon)
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Well that is kind of useless.I always included a packing slip because it had the buyers address, which was helpful if the package label got damaged and the post office had to find the recipient's address.

Dumb idea eBay.

The new eBay Packing Slip rolled out on 2020-06-28 printing page looks like **bleep**. Display of the packing slip is terrible on both desktop and mobile clients.

eBay Packing Slip rolled out on 2020-06-28 is also missing information the previous versions had. The missing information includes the eBay member name that was previously printed in the packing slip.

-Vectrexer
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

We are having the same issue as well. This new packing slip format is useless as it removes all the information our customers would need and does not allow for a custom message so we can add our custom item SKU. You can partially work around this by going to your Orders page click on the drop down menu next to an order then select Print shipping labels / Invoice then select  Invoice / Packing slip. It will actually give you a real packing slip, however, it will not let you add your item SKU and it takes forever to make each packing slip since there is no shortcut to get to them.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

brian@ebay What in world????????  That's not a packing slip. A packing slip has the seller and buyer address and information in case the package label is damaged.  It tells what is sold.  It allows sellers to leave informative messages to boost sales.  This is a total waste of paper and time.  Useless! Useless! Useless! Useless! Useless! Useless! Useless! Useless! Useless! Useless! Useless! Useless! Useless! Useless! Useless! Useless! Useless! Useless! Useless! Useless! Useless! Useless! Useless! Useless! Useless! Useless! Useless! Useless! Useless! Useless!

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

I don't usually print a packing slip, but I did today, to see what all the fuss was about.

The ones I printed today has my SHIP TO name/address, SHIP FROM name/address.

listing titles, Seller user name, one of the selected messages.

I could not insert my own message, which I agree is "dumb".

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

On my shipping labels, I have the item number printed along the right side.  I think you can also select your Custom Label SKU to print there as well.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

It appears that eBay has removed the custom message option from the packing slip for security reasons (?).

You may be able to print something approximating the old packing slip by using the "print invoice" option on the label management page, at least for the time being. See here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/New-Packing-slip-is-missing-buyer-s-and-seller-s-STAT...

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Same gripe! It just changed for me too. I sell a lot of bumper stickers/magnets, each wrapped in a packing slip, then I take a photo of the sticker/envelope/slip and message it to the customer to confirm it's been mailed (as envelopes still can't be tracked in 2020 with available technology).

The new packing slip is missing their name, the address, and their username... things I use to match up photos with transactions (to send the right person the right photo when a bulk of orders come in). The "send a message" page, which I open in bulk, doesn't have their name or address on it - so the address on the envelope isn't useful there. I'd look at the buyer's user ID in the photo to double check.

They removed literally everything from the packing slip. No warning.

Thankfully, you can get the old one back, on a unit by unit basis, at least with manual hacking of the URL...

1. Go to the packing slip page. Look at your address bar. It'll show something like this:
https://gslblui.ebay.com/gslblui/single/packingSlip/YYYYYYYYYYYY-ZZZZZZZZZZZZ?labelGenerated=false  

2. The "YYYY..." and "ZZZZ..." parts are the numbers we need. Take those numbers and splice them in place of the "YYYYY..." and "ZZZZZ..." in this link:

https://shiptrack.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?PrintPackingSlip&itemid=YYYYYYYYYYYY&transId=ZZZZZZZZZZZ...

3. Voila, old packing slip with all the details we actually need to operate.

Maybe someone can make a Firefox extension/tweak to do this.

Super glad eBay put one of those "feedback on the new design?" links on the new packing slip format they dumped on us without any warning. Heavily drenched in sarcasm.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

This works!  TY‼️   My 12 yr old niece who writes code has been tasked  to write a version for firefox.  UGH -- all the cutting & pasting is a major pain when you have to print out 20 -30 packing slips per night.   The new slip also doesn't show correct variations -- it shows the first and then this just repeats for the remainder of the items purchased.  😠

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

I never put a packing slip in any of my shipments.  Never have in 12 years.  Never had a buyer ask for one or complain they never received one.

As a buyer on A LOT of different venues I never read or look at the enclosed "stuff"  to me it is a waste of resourses and money.

To each his own.

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@dtexley3 wrote:

A packing slip has the seller and buyer address and information in case the package label is damaged.  

If you don't see the addresses you now need to turn off your ad blocker for pages under https://gslblui.ebay.com/  Apparently the address insert code triggers uBlock and other ad blockers.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

More eBay attempts to take the Seller out of the picture, ala Amazon. The more eBay does this - the more it pushes Sellers away from their platform.

WHERE IS MY CUSTOM LOGO ON MY PACKING SLIP, EBAY????

It makes me feel as though there is not a Seller Advocate within eBay that actually uses the platform to sell. <SHAKES HEAD IN DISBELIEF>

For my part, it pushes me to use PirateShip.com for shipping instead of eBay. I already use it for my Discogs orders for the same reason: lack of support for SELLERS.

LAME EBAY, LAME. 

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@eburtonlab wrote:

It appears that eBay has removed the custom message option from the packing slip for security reasons (?).

You may be able to print something approximating the old packing slip by using the "print invoice" option on the label management page, at least for the time being. See here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/New-Packing-slip-is-missing-buyer-s-and-seller-s-STAT...

Any guess as to why customizing a packing slip is a security risk??  My guess is that they want to eliminate sellers leaving a note with the url for their own website. ??

Message 15 of 17
latest reply