cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABILITY TO PRINT CONDENSED PACKING SLIP BEFORE LABEL PURCHASE

What happened to SELLERS ability to print condensed packing slip with BUYERS name & address plus item description and quantity purchased.  It was easy to print, and it fit 3-up on a letter size piece of paper. 

This gave SELLER ability to use printed slip to easily pick multiple orders, group them by size and weight before deciding what method to ship by.

Now SELLER has to purchase label first to get condensed sized packing slip with name, address and quantity.

THIS IS NOT AN IMPROVEMENT.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@patchguys 

You can still print a packing slip from the Hub Orders page without having to first purchase a shipping label.

https://www.ebay.com/sh/ord

Find the order and select "print packing slip and more" from the actions drop-down.

order-actions.png

To any seller that does not like the packing slip format because it's too long / too many pages on large orders compared to the condensed format that's being phased out:

When you generate a packing slip from the "print packing slip and more" option on the Hub Orders page, there's a small link on the lower left of the pop-up window that says "tell us what you think" which pulls up a form that goes directly to the product developers.

They do read those comments and I suggest submitting your FB about the length of these less compact slips if it's negatively impacting your business.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@wastingtime101 

This is lot of extra steps to take to print a simple packaging slip, which was very quick to print before, right on the same screen than the label purchase.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@drakkordragon 

This is another "eBay improvement" that eBay has determined sellers need without bothering to listen to sellers.

I used the same packing slip as you to print on 4X6 labels. The new version prints microscopically on a 4X6 and is completely unusable for me. I don't want to go back to 8X10 paper for packing slips.

This "eBay improvement" destroyed a part of how I run my business. It's not like I pay store fees, final value fees, and ad fees... oh yeah, I do pay those fees.

I have been on eBay for over 20 years and have seen "a ton" of eBay improvements for sellers that I didn't know I needed. From what I have seen, improvements for sellers are determined by eBay without seller involvement or feedback. I just don't know how eBay is so good at reading our minds. 🙄

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Apparently they did get seller feedback.  The new format has been out for awhile and they got the feedback from the ones who were using it.   Then they made tweaks to the new format based on their feedback.  They never asked any of the sellers that use the old small packing slip format.   So they did nothing for us except force us to use packing slips that are based on feedback from the people already using them.  They should have posted somewhere  "We are changing to the new packing slip format soon.  Please look at the new format and give us your feedback."  Was there any annoucement that this was coming?  We can usually adapt to things if we are given a heads up that they are coming but it seems they just let us wake up one day and have to change over in a split second.   

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Looked under "Orders" "All Orders" and even the ones that were already delivered have the option to "Print packing slip and more"

I wrote them today with the issues I have with this change -

What used to be a relatively quick process has turned multiple click open/close of pages waste of time, more clicks, more paper...

Here's the link to "tell us what you think" mentioned in a earlier post.

Please message them if you feel so inclined.

https://connect.ebay.com/srv/survey/a/selling.printdocuments

This is lot of extra steps to take to print a simple packaging slip, which was very quick to print before, right on the same screen than the label purchase.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I found their updates to make it much easier to print a packing slip, with a little extra advertising (which I like). They got rid of the silly popups. And it's on the label creation screen once again.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

But it's not the SAME packing slip we used to have (which worked just fine for those of us who used it).

The packing slip as it is now was ALWAYS available to those who wanted it on the "packing slips & more" menu.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 8 of 8
latest reply