cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 USPS shipping increase

I can't believe how much USPS shipping is going up. 

Message 1 of 96
latest reply
95 REPLIES 95

Re: 2018 USPS shipping increase

My numbers are the same too so its goes to figure the same thing happened at the USPS in terms of earnings lost off of the number of packages shipped. It does not make business sense and to keep shooting oneself in the foot thinking it will get better is insane. Who is in charge and why have they not been fired for this? It is simple math and very easy to back track to see where the drastic curve started and to go back to a number near that point and hope you can restore some kind of balance. IMO
Message 31 of 96
latest reply

And it is because of USPS taking losses on china shipping.  This so called rip off agreement can end.

This president needs to pull out of the UN agreement on supplimenting poor nations shipping.  It's all been a lie, china is allowed to use this program and they should not be.  We are paying out of OUR pockets for the usps losses, fed ex and everyone else, and it is billions a year, this has to end, we need to FIGHT THIS.  This will hurt out business's.

Read up on this, we ARE paying china's shipping.  IT IS A FACT.  Every dime of it.

Message 32 of 96
latest reply

You are right on the money. Dont forget the role that ebay has in all of this. They have taken extreme advantage of their user base entirely. Honestly there is a time coming when an ebay competitor will emerge, and I bet that will happen SOON. Used to be site for individuals with no advertisements and if you called cs you would be speaking to someone in the country. Once a new site comes out, im leaving this and not looking back.

Message 33 of 96
latest reply

@johnrj1226 wrote:

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

Change your carrier to UPS, or FedEx to avoid the USPS rate increase.

R U implying UPS & Fed Ex don't increase  their rates?  Check these out http://www.rates.ups.com/  http://www.fedex.com/us/shipping-rates/

Guess I avoided the recent ( Dec. 24 and Jan 1), FedEx increases by shipping via USPS.

No:)   I know they increase each year as well.  They just do it nice and quietly. They actually do theirs before USPS.  Just tossed that out as the OP was pointing at USPS rather than all carriers.

Before I retired, I always wanted to put a sign up in the office to inform those who were about to start grousing about the USPS rate increases to check with UPS, and FedEx to see that they had already increased their rates, and to compare what it would cost.  It was considered bad form to do that, and was not done.

Message 34 of 96
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not happy with the USPS rate increases, But I would like to know why shipping has slowed down ,yet we have to pay more, All My packages coming and going are taking 8 days or more First class and Priority mail. Now takes 3 days to get through north Houston... Crazy and they want more Money to ship?Did they Change the shipping times was 3-5 days now 8 days or more?

Message 35 of 96
latest reply

The cold weather last week is the big problem in Houston and surrounding area,we dont have mail delivery for 2 days.
Message 36 of 96
latest reply

I dont mind paying more,I just hope they hire better workers.

Message 37 of 96
latest reply

Just wondering whether I have to wait until tomorrow to print my shipping label or if it's acceptable to do it tonight. It's just a little 4 oz. package. I'm thinking that I should wait, since the item can't be mailed until Monday anyway. Any thoughts?
Message 38 of 96
latest reply

It doesn't matter whether you print it today, tomorrow, or Monday.    But  if you print it tomorow or Monday, it's going to cost you 5 cents more.

On the label preparation page, there's a little drop-down menu to chose the actual shipping date to print on the label.  It might have already rolled over to Monday; if not, you can choose it.

Message 39 of 96
latest reply

Yes, the system generates the 5 cents lower price even when mailing date is indicated as Monday. But I'm thinking that this is a system limitation or glitch...and that maybe it shouldn't be that way since the package would have to be mailed after the increase is in effect. I was just curious. I'll wait until tomorrow and pay the 5 cent increased price. I wouldn't want to risk having postage due on my package just because I'm impatient.
Message 40 of 96
latest reply

@abigkid wrote:
Yes, the system generates the 5 cents lower price even when mailing date is indicated as Monday. But I'm thinking that this is a system limitation or glitch...

It's not a glitch.   This happens every year.  When you purchase a label, you pay the postage that's applicable on the date that the postage is purchased, regardless of the actual shipping date.  There have never been any reports of postage due because a label was purchased. before the rates went up.

Message 41 of 96
latest reply

To the pople that say well then just stop selling, the problem is there are alot of people on here that sell to survive. Paying 13% fee's is crazy already without the shipping increase. Think about all the people ebay lost when they went from 5% to 10% then made everyone use paypal after ebay bought them so they can charge 3%. This is why our economy will never get better because of the gread with fortune 500 companies and now because of this not only a ton of people cant sell any more because maybe they were only making 5 to 8% profit. Also now ebay does not regulate all the fake bootleg items on here like they used to because of how many people they did lose. So like it or not any increase affects all of us in one way or another, and it will keep getting worse. So if you dont have any suggestions to people except stop selling or stop selling big items, think maybe that person needs this to survive so they cant just stop selling.

Message 42 of 96
latest reply

OK. Thanks
Message 43 of 96
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well Here In Hitchcock Texas Galveston County, The Ice didnt stop the mail , I am not buying weather at North Houston for being delayed,   ALL my Packages are making it on time to North Houston, But Then they are sitting at the North houston For 3 days ALL of them Priority mail, First Class ALL. Its a North Houston Problem.........

Message 44 of 96
latest reply

These price increases are ridiculous. We go through the same thing every year. Unfortunately this year it is a very extreme increase. 10% on flat rate envelopes?? 8 Oz first class packages to $3.18 versus $2.64? 20% increase??. This will be the last year I sell on eBay. I don't make that much profit per item and this is at least a $0.50 increase per item in fees for me. I wish the USPS & eBay the same poor results they continue to provide their customers with.

Message 45 of 96
latest reply