cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Told Me To Handle Getting My Money, Directly With the Buyer Case # 5259905595

Hello Sir, 

I am hoping someone can help. I shipped an item on time, which got held up for weeks somewhere between Philadelphia USPS and the buyer's address, as tracking reflects. The buyer never reached out to me for help, instead opened a case. eBay refunded the buyer. Package was finally delivered. eBay says they will not refund me, as it sat longer than 10 days, and advised me to handle getting my money directly with the buyer. I messaged the buyer, who told me, "I did not request the refund, eBay gave it to me, so bill eBay". I want my money. Why is eBay not handling these issues on a case by case basis, instead of hiding behind written text policy? Tracking number, and my responses to the case, clearly show this was not my doing, and that I was willing to work with the buyer to ensure the package got delivered. If I was a seller who told the buyer, oh well not my problem, then I can see protecting the buyer, but this is not the case!! Jordan Sweetnam needs to be advised that this is happening, as his responsibilities include the seller experience. Clearly sellers are not having a good experience with the USPS, and eBay refunding buyers, and not helping us when the package gets delivered, as you can see the stories all over Facebook, Twitter and this forum. Please help me get my money. I don't want to have to harass this buyer for my money. Thank you for your time!

John Ortegae

ebay: johns.internet.sales

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

eBay Told Me To Handle Getting My Money, Directly With the Buyer Case # 5259905595

Well it's sad but there is not much you can do.   You can try clicking the help and contact link at bottom of page. Ask for a supervisor.  It may take more than one call to get through to one. However, don't hold out too much hope.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Tough situation.  Simply stated, eBay CANNOT handle these disputes on a case-by-case basis.  There are fare too many transactions for that to be feasible.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I am in both positions myself and I haven't decided which is worse.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@johns.internet.sales 

As far as Ebay is concerned, the case is closed and there's nothing more they will do.

If the buyer won't repay, there isn't much you an do.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@johns.internet.sales 

As others have pointed out, unfortunately you are stuck.

There are things you can do going forward to help avoid this situation and when an INR case is filed things you can do to avoid a Maximum Losss  = lose item and the money.

If you are interested I'd be glad to share the steps.  Perhaps you just wanted to vent and that is OK too.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Don't listen to these people. Keep trying to call, use social media, file claims with the state of California and The BBB. DONT JUST ACCEPT SOMETHING YOU KNOW IS WRONG. 

For everyone else telling the poor OP "there's not anything you can do". Stop being a lazy POS and giving up just because you don't have the chromosomes or patience to find a way. Shame on you! 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply