Shipping
Get the answers to all your shipping questions with advice from long-time sellers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Tracking Details

Hi all, The Shipping team wanted to share the following information from the issues with tracking not being updated. "We are aware that some sellers are seeing tracking details not update automatically to orders after purchasing a label. Our team is ...

User avatar by Community Team Community Team
  • 0 replies
  • 6 helpful

Do you offer free shipping on auctions? If so, do you add the ship cost to the min bid price or not?

New seller here, looking for advice: With buy-it-now listings you can incorporate the cost of "free" shipping cost into the price for a visibility boost, but for auction listings, does it still make sense to do that? If you set the minimum bid to cov...

Packing slips

I wanted to know if packing slips are mandatory? Is it ok to not include one with every order?

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

US Shipping Only Including "US Protectorates"

Ok. I think I've figured out why Puerto Rico and other US territories are not able to make purchases, even though the box is unchecked for US Protectorates. I recently had a buyer from Puerto Rico get downright informative toward me for not allowing ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Combined Shipping Only Works Sometimes?

I have the same combined shipping rule set on all my items, and it works some of the time. But time and again I'll have to refund shipping to a customer for being overcharged. What's strange is, let's say a customer places an order consisting of 10 i...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Netted $5 on a $116 sale

I netted $5.00 on a $115. Sale. When I went to print the shipping label I noticed ebay said it was a flat envelope and the fee was $7.60. I had entered dimensions for a 2 foot long box and knew this wasn’t right. Buyer was quoted $18.00 for shipping....

Package shipped Nov. 8th still "in transit to next facility"

I sold an item on Nov. 7th and shipped it out Nov. 8th by USPS Ground Advantage. I used an eBay label like I always do which comes with tracking and insurance. The past 3 updates on the tracking have been only this: Nov 12, 202312:00amIn Transit to N...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 23 replies
  • 2 helpful

Ship Cover insurance

Have a question for the eBay/ Ship Cover folks. I recently sold a listing that was over $1,000. Went to print the shipping label and also wanted to add insurance. When I clicked on insurance it brought up Ship Cover insurance and gave me a price. Not...

New Seller Shipping Question

Must everything be mailed priority mail?I wouldn’t think so unless a potential buyer messages you that it’s needed for a gift etc.I’ve lost $$ more than once over shipping costs that I’ve miscalculated.I can weigh the item but then how do you figure ...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! USPS shipping Black Friday price increase???

I had multiple copies of the same record I was selling. When a sale is over a certain value, I use USPS Ground Advantage instead of Media Mail for the insurance. Shipping for copies that I sold on Friday and Saturday was $9.17US. Seemed high, but I n...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors