cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong adress

Hi

I bought an item at ebay, today it was shipped to the international shipper and I just saw now, that I entered a wrong adress (I moved to weeks ago and I keep messing up my adress with the next street).

What I already tried to fix this:

- changed my adress in my settings at ebay

- contact the seller, who said, he cannot help me and I should contact global shipping division

- I tried to contact ebay, but this seems only possible by phone. I live in Switzerland, but the item is shipped from the US. Can I contact Ebay Switzerland instead?

- I tried to contact Pitney Bowes (global shipper), but this is only possible by registering. So I tried registering, but they want my customer number. I don't have a customer number, just the invoice number from Paypal, which ist not accepted.

Anyone has any idea how to contact someone who can help me?

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Wrong adress

A few things you could try;

Contact the person at the address you entered for the order and see if they will hold the package for you.

Email eBay instead of calling

See if there is a way to forward your mail in Switzerland

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Wrong adress

Hi

Thank you for your ideas.

Yes, I was also thinking of asking the people who live at the adress I entered. But If there are other options, I'd like to try those first. Sadly, I don't know, with which shipper will deliver at my country (local post, DHL or else), so I also can't contact them to forward the package.

I will try to email ebay at the general adress, we'll see if this works.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Wrong adress

once the global shipping program sends your item out you should see tracking information for the international part in ebay. This should help you determine the shipping service being used. no other advise other than has been given above. Hopefully you can redirect from the shipping service. good luck

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Wrong adress

Sellers are required to ship to the address that you entered.

the only thing you can do now is hope to get the package retrieved from the wrong address.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Wrong adress

I got a shipping tracking number, but the link gets me back to the same website with no further information. Today, the package was unsucessfully delivered, still no further information about which delivery service it is exactly.

Last week, I tried to contact someone who lives at the "wrong" adress... turned out that this house number does'nt exist :-(.

I already contacted the seller, so he hopefully will send it again, this time to the right adress. Of course I'll have to pay for the shipping again, as it was my fault.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Wrong adress

Somehow my local post office managed to find me... so I was very lucky and everything is fine now :-).

Message 7 of 7
latest reply