cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my package come before expected delivery date?

So before I get bashed on for such a basic question, let me state this.. I have only bought off ebay twice! Also this is my first time getting anything from over seas..

So I bought something from China and the expected delivery date was originally March 5-23... Come to find out my package arrivred in ISC Chicago in a few days after processing in china & has been "processed" through the ISC in Chicago .  I live in MO & it is only about a 6-7 hour drive to their location in Chicago but my new estimated delivery date is still week from now.. I have heard multiple mixed reviews about Chicagos USPS and how sloppy they can get. So I am just wondering if my package has left the center and if I should be expecting it anytime before March 1.  Given all that the status said was "processed through facility" When in reality it was already on a plane to the US

Thank you

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I've ordered items from China and most of them arrived in a week. Those estimated delivery dates are just that, estimates. You might even receive your item on Feb 28.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I've ordered items from China and most of them arrived in a week. Those estimated delivery dates are just that, estimates. You might even receive your item on Feb 28.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

It will arrive before 3/23. I would expect it to arrive on the 5th at the earliest. International packages tend to move slow once they leave customs.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Even .11 cent trinkets the wife has bought have shown up in two or three weeks.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The new date says March 1st... but ok lol
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Inbound ISC centers in the US are for customs and clearance. Items can sit there for a few days to several weeks. A little understanding and patience goes a long way, especially when buyers pay little to nothing for shipping.   When I order things from China, it usually takes 2-4 weeks to receive. 

previously known as boardnpostsid
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@shoptalkidwrote:

Inbound ISC centers in the US are for customs and clearance. Items can sit there for a few days to several weeks. A little understanding and patience goes a long way, especially when buyers pay little to nothing for shipping.   When I order things from China, it usually takes 2-4 weeks to receive. 

Exactly this. and in my experience, once they do leave customs, they move slowly which is why I would be surprised in the 3/1 delivery date is met. My packages usually go through customs in LA which is 330 miles south of here and it takes 4-5 days after leaving customs for the package to arrive in my city. And even if it arrives early in the AM, they let it still there another day whereas domestic packages are delivered the same day.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 7 of 7
latest reply