cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Dissatisfied with updated Ebay policies

Ebay has lost it's customer focus ---

I purchased a Burberry coat from a European seller in mid December -

The seller's item did not arrive in January - 

I opened a claim with eBay --- the claim report indicated that ebay would respond in two weeks - 

----- I thought that was strange and quite long, so I open a claim with PayPal (my payment source), unknown to me eBay cancel their claim/dispute and requested I only deal with PayPal --

PayPal required I wait until 2/22/2021 for the response from the seller, the seller sent the jacket, it arrived on 2/14/2021, a black coat, covered in white powder and very smelly (powder used to cover the odor), I dry cleaned the coat, still smelly, I requested an open claim to return the coat, eBay said 'NO' they could not assist me because of the PayPal claim (which is now closed because the coat was received).... I am not able to get any assistance.... very disappointed.  eBay customer service sucks, the representatives can only read and reread the ebay script.  I've been a member since 2006, searching for other resale platforms

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You should never have cleaned it.  Once you alter an item, it's yours.  Have to leave it as received to file a case.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Well you can take your ball and go home, as that is your prerogative.  Sorry to see that.

Alternatively you could read the Money Back Guarantee and understand this is one of THE most protective policies for buyers in the online shopping world!   The "catch" of course is you have to follow their rules and procedures.  But if you do avail yourself of the MBG you are SO protected as a buyer.

But hey we see buyers all of the time who "think" they are doing the right thing, only to mess up and lose protection under the MBG.  It is unfortunate, but it does happen.   But next time before you 'do something' you could come back here and ask.  Pick your self up, wash off the scrapped knees and get back on the bicycle - you'll figure it out soon!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

All you have to do is call PayPal, and ask them to change your case to "item not as described" (or open a new case, if the one they closed can't be changed). Receiving an item after opening a "not received" case doesn't forfeit your protection if the item doesn't match the description.

But you have to do it with PayPal, because once you skip over eBay and go to PayPal, eBay is out of the picture.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply