cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploaded on time but no carrier scan - Fair?

Hello,

I have been sending items trhough USPS (USPS as carrier - Cyprus post the source) from Cyprus post to USA over a year now. Last time this happened:

The post office gave me wrong tracking number by mistake and gave somene else my tracking number. I uploaded on ebay the tracking number i had but when i checked my sold items and tracing their route i noticed that this spesific tracking number had not been scanned at all. I called post office and then... for my suprice i was told that there was a mistake!

Investigating.. they called back after 2 days and the employe gave my the correct Tracking number which showed that the item has been delivered one day before and was shipped same day as supposed. I went to sold items and tried to edit tracking number but the system did not let me change the tracking saying that "tracking number belongs to another item" . I send the buyer by message the correct number and he never complained since he got item but...

My perfomance mesure on Tracking items on time has fall from 100% because of this confusion. 

I called ebay support and they say i cannot appeal for that! 

They explained that i was not able to change the tracking number on time because the USPS showed the correct tracking number as delivered and not because tracking number belongs to another item.

Note that the correct tracking showed the acceptance from post on same day of the order and in fact if i had it from scratch nothing like this would happened.

So the question is:

1. Is it so difficult for ebay support to correct this mesure on perfomance?

2. Why their system gives wrong message "tracking number belongs to another item" and not:

"You can't edit tracking since already shows delivered"?

3. Is this fair for the seller ? It was clearly a post office's mistake.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Uploaded on time but no carrier scan - Fair?

I do not think that if your carrier fails to scan your tracking information / item, that you should be penalized.

But ... of course Ebay makes money by restricting 'discounts', and; so, it helps Ebay to add this into your statistics.

Not.  Your.  Fault.

Bad.  Policy.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply