cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to deliver item, problem with address

Hello,

USPS: Unable to deliver item, problem with address

We sent a package to the buyer address and USPS could not deliver and return the package to sender. We did not get the package yet.

The buyer opened a INR

The purchase was a free shipping. 

We have to refund the buyer full amount, is it correct? That's it?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

No. You have another option. You can upload tracking and then call eBay and ask to have the case closed in your favor since the buyer failed to provide a correct address. If they close the case, you can then go to PayPal and issue a partial refund. If you want a FVF credit you do have to refund in full though.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Call eBay customer service and discuss with them the issue.  I believe that an INR to a wrong address will be closed in your favor.

Do you have to refund if eBay closes in your favor?  Again, speak with eBay CS ... but the fairest solution is to refund less shipping, but that isn't always an option through eBay (you would have to do it through PayPal) ... and, perhaps you risk a negative by your buyer (not sure whether you would be protected).

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

We do not understand.

The address from the buyer is good and the address given to usps / label is good.

They tried to deliver and the same day it goes returned to DC and ship back to seller.

USPS could not hold the package or phone??

The package was free shipping. So we have to full refund through Ebay.

That is a waste of time and money for the seller + buyer waste time / not happy.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

This just happened to me and the buyer contacted me today, one week after tracking said problem address.  He has a high rating as a buyer and seller so I am not suspicious of his intents.  Should I tell him to contact his local post office or do I wait for the item to be returned to me by USPS?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply