cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS tracking stuck at "Shipping Label Created"

The tracking information has been stuck at "Shipping Label Created" for four days now. I'm starting to get worried. The tracking number is:

Message 1 of 63
latest reply
62 REPLIES 62

go to USPS site with the number and request an email update..........sometimes that "seems" to kick the system into giving out more info a bit later on...........

Message 2 of 63
latest reply

The USPS likes to call it tracking but then they don't always scan it like tracking. Some items don't get a scan until they are delivered, if then.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always take a banana to a party, bananas are good! - Ten
Message 3 of 63
latest reply

Stop checking the DC every couple hours and this "Problem" will go away

Delivery Confirmation is now called "Tracking"

BUT seems to still be Delivery Confirmation

Copy & Paste from USPS site >>

If you shipped with Express Mail®, you’ll get point-by-point tracking details. If you used another service—USPS Tracking™, Certified Mail™, Registered Mail™ —you’ll see when it went out for delivery.
Message 4 of 63
latest reply

So I won't see any updates until I receve the package.

Message 5 of 63
latest reply

Maybe not. It's only been 3 days!!
Message 6 of 63
latest reply

I'm having the same issue. The seller claims she shipped it out on the 10th, but tracking has yet to be updated and I have yet to receive it. She says if I don't get it next week she'll open a claim with the PO. I'm not sure what I should do. I wouldn't be worried if this seller hadn't gotten dinged for this happening before according to her feedback, yet she tells me this is the first time it has.

On top of this a a different order made with another seller hasn't updated in 6 days. It seems to be stuck in TX. I called the PO and they say if it isn't updated tomorrow to call them back. 'Tis the **bleep**ing season huh?

Message 7 of 63
latest reply

You have 30 days past the last estimated delivery date to open an INR with eBay. The seller opening a claim with USPS has nothing to do with you getting a refund for something you didn't receive. Don't let her string you out past the deadline.

As for the package stuck in TX, try the suggested posted above about getting updates via email from USPS.

Message 8 of 63
latest reply

Well, I found out what happened. Apparently the guy sent out the package with a wrong label and it went to Florida. He says he generated a tag, double printed the label then stuck that on my package. He told me I could get a refund but I told him when he gets the package back to send me propper tracking information and send out my way.

Message 9 of 63
latest reply

I'm having the same problem. It's like the person created the label, but hasn't shipped the package yet.

Message 10 of 63
latest reply

I had a few packages this holiday season that showed "label created" until the day they were delivered and scanned then.   Fortunately, all were delivered.  I don't check every package but do check when a buyer inquires where their item is.   I don't know if it's coincidence or not but those that only show "label created" seem to take a lot longer than others to be delivered.  

Message 11 of 63
latest reply

I just want to add as a seller this happens to me WAY too much. USPS simply does not scan the item and thus the tracking stays at "shipping label created". The majority of my packages do not update tracking until the destined post office at least. I'd love to be able to personally hand packages to the post office workers and see them scan it, but it's not always possible. 

Message 12 of 63
latest reply

@vkris2011 wrote:

I don't know if it's coincidence or not but those that only show "label created" seem to take a lot longer than others to be delivered.  

I'm also curious  if other sellers have noticed this. I think USPS tracking is just jacked up.  For me the "shipping label created" update is always a few hours in the future (ie i printed/bought a label at noon today but the update is at 5pm).  I usually drop off the package within the hour of printing the label. It's just a hunch but I feel if USPS attempts to scan an item with a "shipping label created" update that's stuck in the future, it plan won't work. Hence why they only scan once that time/date has past at another post office location.

Either that or USPS is just lazy and doesn't scan.

Message 13 of 63
latest reply

did your packaged delivered?

i have same issue

had 4 packages shipped last week. and they all stuck at shipping lable created

from this points im very worried cause buyer can file a claim for not received item

even the USPS did delivered to them

Message 14 of 63
latest reply

@nowibuystuff wrote:

Stop checking the DC every couple hours and this "Problem" will go away

Delivery Confirmation is now called "Tracking"

BUT seems to still be Delivery Confirmation

Copy & Paste from USPS site >>

If you shipped with Express Mail®, you’ll get point-by-point tracking details. If you used another service—USPS Tracking™, Certified Mail™, Registered Mail™ —you’ll see when it went out for delivery.

BUT I pulled this off the USPS site yesterday:

uspstrack3label.jpg

For years I have been using ebay labels, USPS First Class Package or Priority and getting those "End-to-End" tracking updates.  Starting Jan 8, none of my packages are getting scanned at my post office, and they don't show up in the mail stream until several days later somewhere down the road.  Some of them look like this:

uspstrack2.jpg

That was a Priority Mail item.

Message 15 of 63
latest reply