cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS rates overcharging sellers!

On Friday I sold an item that the buyer paid $8.75 shipping cost. We went to print the label with all the same package information. The label ended up costing $15.85, that is including my discount, it would have been over $22.00 without the discount! I took it to our local Post Office and sure enough that same label I printed with the same exact information was $8.30. So EBay overcharged us. We had another package with the same issue but not to that extreme. These are the the only two things we have sold since the rate increase went into effect. There is a problem with their shipping program, did anyone else have this issue???? I know rates went up.they did not more than double, our Post Office proved that. I haven’t found any other discussions referencing this problem yet.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Did you have Large Package selected?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@thejunqueinmytrunque wrote:

On Friday I sold an item that the buyer paid $8.75 shipping cost. We went to print the label ... it would have been over $22.00 without the discount! I took it to our local Post Office ...was $8.30. ... We had another package with the same issue but not to that extreme. ....

$8.75 is the retail price to ship 4 pounds to Zone 1 & 2.

$8.30 is the retail price to ship 3 pounds to Zone 1 & 2.

$22.05 is the retail price to ship 4 pounds to Zone 8.

So it looks like this is a problem with the "Shipping from" ZIP Code on your label preparation form -- it was apparently set to a ZIP Code on the opposite side of the country.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Check that your ship from zip codes are correct in the listing as well as when you print the shipping labels if you're using calculated shipping.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I am having the same problem. Ebay calculator is not charging the customer enough for USPS shipping. I am having to eat the difference. I sell the same item over and over and lately the calculator is wrong.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

If you post the shipping box size and weight along with the zipcodes for the source and destination it will help.  It's also helpful if you post a screenshot of the eBay calculations on the label page with the see calculations checked.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 6 of 6
latest reply