cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Shipping To California

If I could, would not sell to any buyers in CA.

But, instead, will go back to the carrier that I had a good deal of success-FEDEX.

My past business, shipping west of the Mississipi was strictly FEDEX. USPS east of.

Damaged and lost packages, mostly in CA. FEDEX is very responsive.

I started selling on ebay and choose to ship mostly USPS. My first mistake.

Lost packages in CA, again.

Post office, is not very reponsive on lost, stolen or damaged items.

Check out Yelp reviews for Post Office, Canoga Park, CA 91304

Losta of mssing packages.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: USPS Shipping To California

Thats great.....punish millions of California buyers because of ONE post office 😞

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Since Hawaii Five-0 isn't on tonight, I decided to get my detective fix on yelp. I saw one extended, repeatedly updated post from a person with theft issues.  And then complaints from people who expected the PO to provide them with tape and print out their shipping labels. And they don't ansewr the phone and the parking lot is a mess.  Finally another package  theft-related post from 2015.  I've been shipping all my eBay stuff via USPS since 1999 with no problems.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

A large percentage of my sales are to CA.  I have yet to have a single problem shipping to anywhere in the state there, even through the infamous Bell Gardens distribution center.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

For 10 years my Sister in Law lived and worked in LA and her mail went through Bell Gardens. Her hubby had a side business that sold rustic primitive items, many of which I mailed to him after finding them here in Ohio at garage sales and auctions. ALL!!! were shipped via USPS. ZERO lost and ZERO damaged.

A good portion of what I currently sell goes to CA, AK & HI. I never ship anyway other than USPS and again ZERO lost and ZERO damaged.

Most of the items I buy come USPS, over the years I have never had a package lost and only one poorly packed item damaged. Secondary to that they come UPS, also none lost and one poorly packed item damaged. Lastly the fewest packages delivered to me come FedEx, I get around 50% of them, the rest are either damaged or sent back to the sender as typically the FedEx drivers drive up to my mailbox, slap a door tag on the front of it, turn around and leave without any attempt to deliver. Some state that there are dogs out. Yes there are, a hound mix and a shepherd mix. The shepherd is very friendly and very old. The hound mix was dropped off here around 6 years ago and is stand-offish and will not get within 100 feet of anyone he does not know, if they try to approch he will back off maintaining that distance. 9 out of 10 homes in my county have loose dogs of some sort. We are very rural. The mail carrier and UPS drivers have no problem with them.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@partial*eclipse wrote:

Since Hawaii Five-0 isn't on tonight, I decided to get my detective fix on yelp. I saw one extended, repeatedly updated post from a person with theft issues.  And then complaints from people who expected the PO to provide them with tape and print out their shipping labels. And they don't ansewr the phone and the parking lot is a mess.  Finally another package  theft-related post from 2015.  I've been shipping all my eBay stuff via USPS since 1999 with no problems.

Same here. No USPS problems as a buyer OR seller in California. Bell Gardens down by LA and Richmond by San Francisco are known as USPS black holes but in 18 years of buying & selling online, I have had many packages go through those cities and arrive safely. Although here have been short delays in Richmond

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

The USPS 3 Day Priority package finally arrived- 1 month after ship.

I have shipped almost every state and about 7 countries and records show most damage and lost shipments were in CA, specifcally Apartments.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Your issue isnt with the post office, its with the way the apartment complex handles incoming mail
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I agree.  In all my time I only had two purchases I had to refund because tracking ended with "out for delivery" and the buyer said it never received the package.  Both were in CA.   

Message 9 of 9
latest reply