cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Package Stuck "In-Transit to Next Facility"

Hi guys and gals.

I bought an item and it has shipped via USPS Media Mail. Ordered on May 2nd (Saturday), shipped out via their local post office in Yale, MI on the following Monday (May 4th). It arrived at the Pittsburgh, PA Network Distribution Center on May 8th. It has been updated daily with the same "In-transit to next facility" since it arrived at the Pittsburgh facility. Though today (May 13) I have yet to receive an update. Coming from MI, I did not expect my package to go to PA, so that was an interesting update.

I asked my local post office about it on Monday and they looked up the tracking number for me. They said  that it is in their system and on its way, though it hasn't even reached the Memphis Distribution Center. Since thats the case, they said I should expect to hopefully see it by the end of this week or sometime next week.

Item shipped from East Michigan, and I am in Northwest Arkansas. I know Media Mail is the lowest priority service, but I would think I would hopefully have an update as to where it actually is now. My guess is that the hold-up is because of the Coronavirus in some way or another?

I assume I may be a little impatient with this? It seems like its just taking its sweet time to get here.

Just want to get some second opinions on this.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Happening a lot now days, just be patient, but if it hasn't shown up by end of May file an INR case. The midwest and eastern distribution centers have been hit hard by the virus.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Happening a lot now days, just be patient, but if it hasn't shown up by end of May file an INR case. The midwest and eastern distribution centers have been hit hard by the virus.

Have your seller start tracking the package-that's part of there job.  It seems when they start inquiring about packages it stirs something up. Hope it's not glass!! Good luck.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

That "In transit" message is something that USPS puts up if there have been no other updates in 24 hours.  Since your item is going via Media Mail, it could be riding on a truck, or in a bin that's waiting to be unloaded.  Or it might have made significant progress towards you, but didn't get  scan.  Lack of tracking is not something to get alarmed about per se.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Media Mail is seeing delays of as much as 3-5 weeks.  You just need to be patient.  It will get to you eventually.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Hello- I am a seller and mailed a 1st class package on May 1st- no tracking at all until today May 13th! No scan at all made it looked like i never mailed it until 13 days later. I talked to 2 postal supervisors after i opened a case with USPS, YES, it is that bad, they said, due to covid 19. 

I would give it extra time, but if it is 'stuck' for a longer period ( i.e no movement from last scan for 7 days or so for 1st class mail, probably longer for media) i would talk to your seller, they should follow through and open a case with USPS. Also check the scan through the USPS site, it might tell more that via ebay tracking.

ALso my package was routed through a weird post office and i asked the supervisor why. she said they are so backed up they have to ship to smaller hubs, that may account for the odd tracking update.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Thanks everyone for the replies so far. Its testing my patience, but I I know it is in God's hands, and it will arrive ultimately on His timing.

Its definitely annoying but understandable given what's been going on lately. Haven't had any issues with the seller so far, sent him a message about the item just after purchasing and was very helpful and professional. But I'll inquire about this to him closer to the end of the week if it hasn't arrived by then.

Not glass thankfully, just a binder from Ford (called dealer source book, in 3-ringed binder format), so basically a book.

I'm signed up for text and email updates for the package via USPS, and this is the first day I haven't had any activity (last update was May 12 at 11:37AM, I'm on Central Time)

I'll keep you guys updated. Thanks!

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I was going to add this in to my reply above but it wouldn't let me edit it.

I also have experienced a delay in shipping on my end as a seller (I don't buy as often as I sell). I shipped off a Media Mail item last week to a buyer in New Jersey on May 4th from my state of Arkansas, and it just got delivered this morning.

Yesterday, I sent him a courtesy message about it and let him know that it has been shipped and should be arriving soon (which it thankfully did). Also wished him well during these troubled times. I pray that he stay healthy and safe, as I know we could all use a word of encouragement in the midst of this mess.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I had DVDs shipped April 20 that were scanned everyday 21-26 and then nothing until today.  YIPEE I can't wait.  

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Update: As of 8:20am this morning, I got this message via text:

"USPS 9449008205496283583366, Arrived at USPS Destination Facility 05/19/2020 8:20am MEMPHIS TN NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER Reply STOP to cancel"

So I'm finally glad to see some progress being made, and should be arriving here tomorrow hopefully, if not then by Thursday at the latest. I'll keep this updated.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Update: Item was delivered to my local post office this morning, and it has been delivered. It took a little while, but the patience has paid off (like they say, good things come to those who have patience).

Thanks all for the responses and the help, very much appreciated!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply