cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Flat Rate Priority SHOE Boxes

USPS provides me a very nice sturdy box for mailing shoes. a shingle store box slips into the USPS box, tape it up and off you go...OOPS Ebay/USPS does not provide a flat rate label lookup for this item.  Thousand of shoes are sent via Ebay Why not a shoe box label listing?.  So then what

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@carlmarxx wrote:

@gooddeal-4-u-2 wrote:

USPS provides me a very nice sturdy box for mailing shoes. a shingle store box slips into the USPS box, tape it up and off you go...OOPS Ebay/USPS does not provide a flat rate label lookup for this item.  Thousand of shoes are sent via Ebay Why not a shoe box label listing?.  So then what

USPS does not have a flat rate shoe ,It is just  standard  pricing . They do have a regional flate rate   A 2  box  that is size of shoe box  . ????

The RR A2 Box measures 10 -15/16 x 2-3/8 x 12-13/16;   The RR A-1  is 10 x 7 x 4-3/4

Shoe Box is            7-1/2  x 5-1/8 x 14-3/8

The RR B-1 box come closest to the size of the  Shoe box but the shipping price goes up

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

@gooddeal-4-u-2 wrote:

USPS does not have a flat rate shoe ,It is just  standard  pricing . They do have a regional flate rate   A 2  box  that is size of shoe box  .

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@gooddeal-4-u-2 wrote:
 ... Ebay/USPS does not provide a flat rate label lookup for this item.  ... Why not a shoe box label listing?. ..

Because it ships at the regular Priority Mail rates that are based on weight and distance.  There's no special rate for the shoe box, so there's no reason to list it separately (as is done for the flat-rate and Regional  boxes).

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@gooddeal-4-u-2 - It is an excellent box for mailing shoes  - carlmarxx made an excellent suggestion

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Not Flat Rate  Priority Mail Shoe Box

Priority Mail Shoe Box 7-1/2 in x 5-1/8 in x 14-3/8 in

Please Note: This product ships in packs of 10 or 25. An order of 1 equals 10 or 25 boxes depending on your selection under Format.

The Priority Mail® Shoe Box is designed to meet the needs of footwear and clothing retailers and direct-to-customer businesses. This box allows shippers to simply slide in a boxed pair of shoes for easy shipping. It is ideal for anyone who needs to ship shoes as a gift or for repair.

Dimensions: 7-1/2" x 5-1/8" x 14-3/8"

Read More › Issue Date: Art Director/Designer: SKU:0_SHOEBOX_X

Also Not Flat rate but with heavier shoes may be a better fit. 

Priority Mail Regional Rate Box - B1

Priority Mail Regional Rate Box - B1 12 in x 10-1/4 in x 5 in

Please Note: This product ships in packs of 10 or 25. An order of 1 equals 10 or 25 boxes depending on your selection under Format.

The Priority Mail® Regional Rate Box - B1 is a quick, easy, and convenient way for you to ship USPS Priority Mail® packages. It is a top-loading box for up to 20 pounds.

Inside Dimensions: 12" x 10-1/4 x 5"
Outside Dimensions: 12"-1/4 x 10-1/2" x 5-1/2"

Read More › Issue Date: Art Director/Designer: SKU:RRB_B1X

Two Priority Mail Regional Rate Boxes Are Back Online

Effective January 30, 2016, the Postal Service’s Priority Mail® Regional Rate Boxes A and B are now available on Click-N-Ship® after they were inadvertently removed during the January 2016 price change.

Customers who use Click-N-Ship to print their labels will now be charged the rates indicated on page 11 of Notice 123, Price List at http:⁄⁄pe.usps.gov⁄text⁄dmm300⁄Notice123.htm.

The rates are:

Boxes

Maximum Weight

Zones

L, 1, & 2

A

15 lbs.

B

20 lbs.

The additional fees below are required, plus the above postage, if paid at retail:

n Zones 1–4: $2.25

n Zones 5–9: $1.00

The IMpb® non-compliance fee of $0.20 per piece is also applicable.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@carlmarxx wrote:

@gooddeal-4-u-2 wrote:

USPS does not have a flat rate shoe ,It is just  standard  pricing . They do have a regional flate rate   A 2  box  that is size of shoe box  . ????

The RR A2 Box measures 10 -15/16 x 2-3/8 x 12-13/16;   The RR A-1  is 10 x 7 x 4-3/4

Shoe Box is            7-1/2  x 5-1/8 x 14-3/8

The RR B-1 box come closest to the size of the  Shoe box but the shipping price goes up

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Thanks
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Thanks..
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

For the Regional "B 1" Box you have on the the list ... After it exceeds $13.60 you might as use a Medium Flat Rate Box because it can weigh up to 70 lbs for that almost same size box and you'd be paying more if it was heavier  not to mention the med box is a bigger. Yes specs will tell you it's not like here in the picture however I have them both  in front of me and the medium box flat rate is bigger! 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

For the Regional "B 1" Box you have on the the list ... After it exceeds $13.60 you might as use a Medium Flat Rate Box because it can weigh up to 70 lbs for that almost same size box

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@pyrexbowlhoarder13wrote:

For the Regional "B 1" Box you have on the the list ... After it exceeds $13.60 you might as use a Medium Flat Rate Box because it can weigh up to 70 lbs for that almost same size box and you'd be paying more if it was heavier  not to mention the med box is a bigger. Yes specs will tell you it's not like here in the picture however I have them both  in front of me and the medium box flat rate is bigger! 

I deliver both almost daily (m-f) and the RR'B' is larger (except in the 1/2" difference in height) than the MFRB.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply