cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Delayed Delivery? Why am I responsible?

I shipped out 30 packages out the first week of February 3-8th. 27 packages have not been delivered? the tracking either shows delayed or on way to destination. I always send the packages out the day of or the next business day. Now i have 7 people mad at me and demanding I refund them. Ebay has now taken my money for these cases and i dont see how this can be my fault? Why doesn’t Ebay take this into consideration? Does anyone have any advice? 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

If the 3 cases are still open, call eBay and get them placed on hold! eBay holds you responsible because you are the one who contracted with USPS, but they will put the cases on hold to allow additional time for deliver if you call them 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

If there's only 3 undelivered packages how can you have 7 unhappy buyers? 

Have the undelivered buyers opened INR claims?  If so, as the above poster said call CS and show that the items are moving, you'll get an extension.

If not, tell the buyers that USPS is experiencing delays and you are very sorry but they can check the tracking and see that they are on the way.  If they then open an INR follow the above suggestion and call CS to get an extension.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I think 3 is a typo. OP said 27 packages out of 30 are not yet delivered & 7 upset buyers.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

First, look to see what they have in common.  Are they going through the same general area?  Are they all stuck at the same hub?  If you do notice a correlation, find the number for that hub.  If not, call USPS's general line.  Either way, please explain to the remaining buyers that you did ship, send them the tracking again, and that you are in contact with the post office to see what is going on.  There have been many similar issues the past week and a half on here about a higher than usual amount of package re-routed to bizarre place, or that take 2-3x as long for delivery.

POsTiNg Id
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

EBay said they would place on hold due to the issue noted. I found out last night that the hold didn’t matter if the customer escalated it. And to the previous post it was 30 now im down to 18 cases. I spend alot of my day communicating with these customers. Trying to explain all i can. But all together as sellers we need assistance from EBay on issues like this. The post office will verbally state they have problems right now due to flooding and weather. But why won’t they state this on their website and why wont they respond to my several emails and lost package cases i have filed? 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Christmas isn't the only peak mailing period (it's just the longest one).   There's Valentine's day too, so if USPS was experiencing delays, that's probably why.    I even had a few buyers send me messages asking where their stuff was and politely reminded them of this.   One buyer's items showed up several hours after they messaged me and the other's showed up a few days later.   

previously known as boardnpostsid
Message 7 of 7
latest reply