cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Information not Updated China Post

I ordered an item on ebay a month ago,

I got a message it was shipped on 13rd of December. So everything is good up to this point.

The thing is, ever since December 13rd, my tracking information hasn't updated even to the point of "In Transit"

I asked the seller over a week ago if they really shipped the item, yet I got no reply.

I was wondering if it's a known issue when it doesn't update,

Or, could have I been scammed?

I purchased the item from a guy who is on ebay since end of 2014, and with a high reputation of 3739 gold stars + 96.1% positive feedback.

Thank you, and have a good day.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes, that looks normal. Sometimes my overseas orders don't even show that the package was deliver, even though I did receive it.

"Aw...Darn it, Woodstock...look what you left on my keyboard again!"

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

What do you get when you enter the tracking number on China Post's website?  With international tracking numbers, it's not uncommon for the tracking not to show up until the package reaches the US, but you can usually still track the package via the local carrier's website.

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

@itevevy.hfjmkvq

OUCH! A 96.1% feedback rating is horrible! As for the tracking, what is the last estimated delivery date? Do NOT let the seller string you out by saying they'll send you a replacement or to give it another week. You only have 30 days after the last estimated delivery date to open a case on eBay. Better yet, give it 29 days and open one.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

I have ordered several items from China in the past, and the tracking has not been updated on any of them, but I did receive all items that I ordered. It does take a while. However, nobody here can say for sure if your seller is legit or not. Wait it out until the expected delivery time has past. Then do what you have to do. Open a not received dispute if need be. Just don't wait to long, so the time window to open a dispute closes on you. 

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

What do you get when you enter the tracking number on China Post's website?  With international tracking numbers, it's not uncommon for the tracking not to show up until the package reaches the US, but you can usually still track the package via the local carrier's website.

Thank you for the information!

I went to their website and now I see that the item is in-transit

Just tell me if it looks okay, it's just that it's the first time I purchase something from ebay so I don't have experience.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Thanks for the information,
the expected arrival date is at most 18th of January
Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Thanks for the information,
what I am most worried about is the time of mine wasted, I don't really care about whether I got scammed or not because I can just form that dispute as you said
Message 7 of 22
latest reply

I've never had anything shipped via China Post before so I don't know what it normally looks like, but that does look like it has at least been shipped.  Just keep an eye on the estimated delivery date... like takikawa said, if it doesn't arrive by then, you have 30 days from that date to open an Item Not Received case.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Yes, that looks normal. Sometimes my overseas orders don't even show that the package was deliver, even though I did receive it.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Alright, gotcha 🙂
Message 10 of 22
latest reply

For example: I actually just got an item delivered to me today (1-12-17) from China, shipped 1-4-17, and the tracking below shows no updates as of today.

Tracking #:

YT1700508979223188

Carrier:

CNDWA
Message 11 of 22
latest reply

@hunyuk14, I've recognized that structure of tracking number from many previous order I've had, any tracking num starting with 'YT' followed by 16 integers is the tracking structure of Yun Express. After typing in your tracking number on yuntrack.com, data has appeared. 

I've been finding when the carrier is listed as CNDWA, the tracking numbers & waybill have been generated in CN, however, they aren't all using the same postal EMS service, so eBay cannot generate data to show.

Plus a lot of these shipments from China have false generated tracking data, as in relative terms it's more expensive to track EMS or similar shipments, so they show estimates of where the shipment is within their service.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

@james-h00  Yor're right, thanks for the info.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

I've had the same experience. Overseas tracking numbers often aren't actually tracked. My guess is the numbers are simply identifiers billing purposes.

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Hello,

Try this 

https://www.trackingmore.com/hong-kong-post-tracking.html

It worked just fine for me , not sure if it work for Winit 2 but 4 sure it work for CNDWA.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply