cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Resolution center link PROMOTES the INAD Seller Metric!!!!

tyler@ebay, brian@ebay 

Good evening Gentlemen,

I was helping an inexperienced Buyer process a return because they changed their minds ... so I told them to go to the Resolution Center link at the bottom of the page and use the Reason "changed my mind" ... they couldn't find it!  So I went their thinking I would send them the link and when I opened it I was shocked to see the ONLY two reasons shown are:

"I haven't received it yet"

"I received an item that does not match the Seller's description"

SERIOUSLY?  Then there's the big blue Continue button and the smaller link to the right of that about "My problem isn't listed here".  You can bet many Buyers will (and have been) simply click the INAD reason then the Blue Continue button and move on.  How is this set up fair to Sellers?  Either list EVERY reason for a return on that page or list none and put a simple "Start return" button and the next page have ALL the reasons listed.

I have always been against the highly subjective INAD Metric (for OBVIOUS good reason) and this set up simply increases the subjectivity of the entire INAD Metric.  THIS has got to be changed. 

WHERE ARE ALL THE REASONS FOR A RETURN?????WHERE ARE ALL THE REASONS FOR A RETURN?????

I tracked down another link from the Help pages and sent that to the Buyer ... the last place I want them going is the Resolution center page as shown above ...   Sorry, but this really irks me ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

You are 100% correct and it is very very discouraging to see this type of thing happening yet again.

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

@mvls1 wrote:

You are 100% correct and it is very very discouraging to see this type of thing happening yet again.

@mvls1   You are being kind by using "discouraging" ... part of that word is how I reacted ... the last 6 letters spell "raging"!!!

Regards,
Message 3 of 31
latest reply

@mr_lincoln 

The trend as of late has been either to remove options or make them very well hidden. This does not make the experience for both the buyer OR seller any better. What usually happens is the person with the problem chooses the dreaded "close enough." At that point there is no clear way for anyone to undo. I've even heard it stated that eBay CS is unable to "amend" incorrect or inaccurate choices.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@mr_lincoln 

The trend as of late has been either to remove options or make them very well hidden. This does not make the experience for both the buyer OR seller any better. What usually happens is the person with the problem chooses the dreaded "close enough." At that point there is no clear way for anyone to undo. I've even heard it stated that eBay CS is unable to "amend" incorrect or inaccurate choices.

-Lotz

@lotzofuniquegoodies   Exactly, and thus the "subjectivity" of the Seller metric ...

Regards,
Message 5 of 31
latest reply

Just another indication of how desperate Ebay is to try and get sellers into the High Returns level so they can charge them an additional 5% FVF as a penalty for not performing up to Ebays standards.  Ebay continues to rig the game against sellers as they have watched revenues drop as Sellers leave when forced into Managed Payments.  Ebay had predicted all of this increased revenue being produced by this program and since they do not appear to be hitting those goals they need to increase revenues some other way and this appears to be the new approach.

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@mr_lincoln wrote:

tyler@ebay, brian@ebay 

Good evening Gentlemen,

I was helping an inexperienced Buyer process a return because they changed their minds ... so I told them to go to the Resolution Center link at the bottom of the page and use the Reason "changed my mind" ... they couldn't find it!  So I went their thinking I would send them the link and when I opened it I was shocked to see the ONLY two reasons shown are:

SERIOUSLY?  Then there's the big blue Continue button and the smaller link to the right of that about "My problem isn't listed here".  You can bet many Buyers will (and have been) simply click the INAD reason then the Blue Continue button and move on.  How is this set up fair to Sellers?  Either list EVERY reason for a return on that page or list none and put a simple "Start return" button and the next page have ALL the reasons listed.

I have always been against the highly subjective INAD Metric (for OBVIOUS good reason) and this set up simply increases the subjectivity of the entire INAD Metric.  THIS has got to be changed. 

WHERE ARE ALL THE REASONS FOR A RETURN?????WHERE ARE ALL THE REASONS FOR A RETURN?????

I tracked down another link from the Help pages and sent that to the Buyer ... the last place I want them going is the Resolution center page as shown above ...   Sorry, but this really irks me ...

@mr_lincoln the Resolution Center is used if there's a problem that needs to be resolved, such as a INAD or INR, which is why they are the options presented on that page. However, I can pass along your feedback to see if adding the remorse reasons to this page is an option.

I do want to point out that on the Purchase History page buyers are only given the option to open a return, not to go to the resolution center. The return flow shows remorse reasons by default. The 'not as described' reasons are only shown if the buyer selects 'Show more' (screenshot below). 

The Return flow is used by the vast majority of buyers since it's the one we present to them on their Purchase History page. While a link to the Resolution Center can be found in the small footer section on most eBay pages, it's unlikely a buyer would use that option instead of the much  more prominent Return option right next to their purchase. 

Lastly, the help page for returning an item also directs buyers to the Return flow and not to the Resolution Center.

What a buyer sees on their Purchase History page:

Return 2.jpg

Options given after selecting 'Return this Item':

Return.jpg

Brian,
Community Team
Message 7 of 31
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

tyler@ebay, brian@ebay 

Good evening Gentlemen,

@mr_lincoln the Resolution Center is used if there's a problem that needs to be resolved, such as a INAD or INR, which is why they are the options presented on that page. However, I can pass along your feedback to see if adding the remorse reasons to this page is an option.

I do want to point out that on the Purchase History page buyers are only given the option to open a return, not to go to the resolution center. The return flow shows remorse reasons by default. The 'not as described' reasons are only shown if the buyer selects 'Show more' (screenshot below). 

The Return flow is used by the vast majority of buyers since it's the one we present to them on their Purchase History page. While a link to the Resolution Center can be found in the small footer section on most eBay pages, it's unlikely a buyer would use that option instead of the much  more prominent Return option right next to their purchase. 

Lastly, the help page for returning an item also directs buyers to the Return flow and not to the Resolution Center.

What a buyer sees on their Purchase History page:

Return 2.jpg

Options given after selecting 'Return this Item':

Return.jpg

brian@ebay Then the Resolution center shouldn't have the Return portion on it (at all) if Buyers are supposed to use the pull down menu on the Purchase History.   That means it will be easier for whoever is doing the programming to just DELETE that portion so Buyers can all be directed to their Purchase History when a return is desired.  The Resolution center would then be for Sellers to process UPIs or Cancel a transaction.

Regards,
Message 8 of 31
latest reply

@twnpopcards wrote:

Just another indication of how desperate Ebay is to try and get sellers into the High Returns level so they can charge them an additional 5% FVF as a penalty for not performing up to Ebays standards.  Ebay continues to rig the game against sellers as they have watched revenues drop as Sellers leave when forced into Managed Payments.  Ebay had predicted all of this increased revenue being produced by this program and since they do not appear to be hitting those goals they need to increase revenues some other way and this appears to be the new approach.

@twnpopcards   I have said from Day #1 that the INAD metric is subjective and relies on the honesty or dishonesty of the Buyer.   Sellers are compared to their peers which adds even more subjectivity unless those Sellers are selling the absolute EXACT SAME THING.  This metric does NOT work for Collectibles categories and probably a number of others where no two items are exactly the same ... close maybe but NOT the same.  Its not like a a brand new unopened box of Depends.  The metric is antagonistic in nature ...

Regards,
Message 9 of 31
latest reply

@mr_lincoln 

@twnpopcards 

Having the Option - Other(with details) would be another way to go. Current system is definitely a counter-intuitive procedure.

-Lotz

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

I'd venture a guess that the vast majority of buyers do NOT go to the Resolution Center to open a claim.  It is highly likely that they go through their Purchase History where all the options are there.  

I've been here a long time and this just hasn't presented an issue for me and I've never seen a thread on it either.  So unlikely to be some big issue for sellers IMHO.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 11 of 31
latest reply

@mr_lincoln 

@mam98031 

I have found similar issues when I, as a seller attempt to cancel an order at a customers request because they are just unsure of the process. A lack of reasons to choose. Then there is getting that buyer to accept the cancellation when it's required but that is another can of tamales.

-Lotz

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

@mr_lincoln 

IF sellers offer "free returns" then this is a moot point and after all that is what eBay wants sellers to do anyway!😀😎

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

@goldguy22k wrote:

@mr_lincoln 

IF sellers offer "free returns" then this is a moot point and after all that is what eBay wants sellers to do anyway!😀😎

@goldguy22k   Wrong, a reason is still chosen for Free Returns ... unless I miss it all my items have Free Returns ...

Regards,
Message 14 of 31
latest reply

@mr_lincolnYou are famous!

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2020/10/1602687919.html

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 15 of 31
latest reply