cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow shipping

Why is it that I have to pay right away but they can take their sweet old time shipping something?  I always pay right away and sometimes end up waiting 2-4 days for an item to ship out. Some sellers lie about when they've shipped an order and tracking shows  it did not go out when they said it did. Really hate being lied to. 

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Slow shipping

All you need to worry about is the latest delivery estimate on the listing. Shipping within 3 days is nothing to complain about. All that matters is that the item arrives on or around the latest delivery estimate. The arguement against paying right away vs shipping time is like comparing applies to oranges; paying involves a few clicks and is done in a matter of seconds. Also, the tracking does not prove when the seller shipped. It shows only when the USPS did the acceptance scan, its not uncommon for them to do the scan a day after the package was dropped off. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Slow shipping

Until you pay, there is no order. So paying "right away" is not relevant.

Sellers state a handling time within each listing. Take note of it before you decide to buy -- the information is on the Payments & Shipping tab and also may appear on the Description tab. Sellers may ship same day, next day or any number of days up to 30 days. If handling time is greater than 3 days, a special note (printed in bright orange) appears in the upper right quadrant of the listing screen. Most eBay sellers try to ship within 3 business days, but family emergencies and natural disasters may disrupt the planned schedule/

Of greater importance are the stated delivery service and the estimated range of delivery dates. Keep in mind that printing a label is only the start of order processing; obviously the paperwork and actual packing has to be done before the package is handed off to the carrier. It is unfortunate that eBay's terminology says "shipped" when in fact only an online label has been created -- and perhaps post-dated up to 3 days, which is certainly allowed. Remember also to think in terms of "business days" -- which do not include weekends or holidays.

Oh, and USPS and other carriers may not actually scan a package on the day it is presented to them. In some cases, the first scan happens 24 to 72 hours later. That is not the seller's fault.

If you need something instantly, don't buy online or even from a mail order catalog. Visit your local store, select the item from a shelf and march right on up to the cashier. Yes, you may have to wait in line.

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Slow shipping

Hi!

I highly disagree. Typical seller attitude. thinking

Bought and paid for an item very early on 2/22/18. After some prodding the seller finally printed a shipping label. Fully expected it to go out to the USPS by Friday night. sleeping

Looks like it won't finally go out by Monday (sometime). FOUR DAYS AFTER THE ORDER HAS BEEN MADE. Smiley Mad

Some sellers really need to get with it. Feedback will be appropriate.

Bye!

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Slow shipping

Monday is only two days from Thursday.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Slow shipping

@leslie_peinewrote:

Hi!

Bought and paid for an item very early on 2/22/18. After some prodding the seller finally printed a shipping label. Fully expected it to go out to the USPS by Friday night. sleeping

Looks like it won't finally go out by Monday (sometime). FOUR DAYS AFTER THE ORDER HAS BEEN MADE. Smiley Mad

Bye!

Some buyers need to buy a clue. Do you know what business days are?  Monday is only the 2nd business day since you bought the item. Anything less than positive feedback will reflect poorly on you, not the seller.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Slow shipping

"Typical seller attitude."

Another fact you seem unaware of..most sellers are buyers too,and see both sides of the spectrum. 

Yes,this is a posting id,I have been selling on Ebay for fifteen years!
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Slow shipping

@leslie_peinewrote:

Hi!

Bye!

Ebay does not count Saturday and Sunday as ship days. 

What is the sellers handling time? 

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Slow shipping

If the item was purchased Thurs and they ship it Monday, that's considered three days.

If the seller has a three day handling time, they are within their shipping time.

Some sellers don't ship every day, some only ship a couple days a week.

Happy Easter
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Slow shipping

you cant depend on tracking to show when an item was shipped..Ive been selling here for eighteen years with one day shipping and handling , and I have had several packages not scanned until they arrived in the buyers state three or four days later.All that needs to concern you is you get the pkg within the estimated delivery date.

Yes,this is a posting id,I have been selling on Ebay for fifteen years!
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Slow shipping

Actually, it's only 2 days and not 3.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Slow shipping

@kensgiftshopwrote:

If the item was purchased Thurs and they ship it Monday, that's considered three days.

If the seller has a three day handling time, they are within their shipping time.

No it’s considered two days. If the sellers handling time is 3 days then they have until the end of Tuesday to ship. 

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Slow shipping

@missjen831wrote:

@kensgiftshopwrote:

No it’s considered two days. If the sellers handling time is 3 days then they have until the end of Tuesday to ship. 

You're right, I was thinking Thursday would be the first day, but it would be Friday.

Happy Easter
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Slow shipping

Because packaging it to make sure it doesn't break in transit takes time.

Would you rather have a fast and broken item? Or a slow and safely delivered item?

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Slow shipping

Now that everybody has chimed in, I'll toss this morsel out.  I ordered a widget mid-day Thursday the 22nd and received it yesterday morning, the 24th.  This was a 'half-way across the country' shipment too.

So, it certainly can happen, but it's all about the widget and the seller.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 15 of 19
latest reply