cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping switcheroo

So I ordered something I need asap. I pick a seller that offered free priority mail shipping. Has the fast and free logo displayed. Ordered on the 20th and tracking shows label printed. I contact him to ask if it was shipped and just not scanned. He tells me he sent it this mornig Fedex smartpost.

How can he advertise priority then switch to smartpost? 

What can I do? I make it a point not to buy smartpost delivered stuff because I hate that service.

Message 1 of 59
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Shipping switcheroo

@dougsue123bwrote:

I think I am going to file an INR. It still shows on ebay it will arrive on the 24th

You'll lose the INR and the ability to leave feedback @dougsue123b. I wouldn't file an INR yet. If it arrives much later than ebays delivery estimate you should be able to file snad. If you file now and its delivered 2/24, you lose the case and can't leave feedback. Editing this--I saw you other reply that its due to arrive in march. File now IF you are sure it will not be delivered within 4 business days. Remember February is a short month too 🙂

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**

View Best Answer in original post

Message 25 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Shipping switcheroo

If you still have time, order from someone else and file a SNAD return when the smartpost delivered item arrives.  Seller will have to pay for return shipping.

You can also call CS and find an agent that understands the issue and see what other actions can be taken.

@Anonymous  We've seen a couple of similar reports today, buyer is promised and/or pays for Priority shipping and the item is shipped economy.  Is this case the Priority shipping was "free" but in the other case the buyer paid an upgrade for Priority.    How should issues like this be reported and will any actions be taken due to the seller's misbehavior?

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 2 of 59
latest reply

Shipping switcheroo

I thought ebay reps stated that shipping method was not a valid reason for a SNAD.  

Message 3 of 59
latest reply

Shipping switcheroo

I just wrote the seller about my displeasure. Its not a money thing with me. Its a I need it yesterday issue.

Message 4 of 59
latest reply

Shipping switcheroo

It had better be a reason for something. It is fraud to promise to send by Priority then send by economy.

If sellers figure this out there will be chaos and buyers will leave. Shipping is a hot button for many buyers. To have sellers arbitrarily downgrading their shipping will be a very bad thing if it catches on.

Message 5 of 59
latest reply

Shipping switcheroo

@the*dog*ate*my*tableclothwrote:

It had better be a reason for something. It is fraud to promise to send by Priority then send by economy.

If sellers figure this out there will be chaos and buyers will leave. Shipping is a hot button for many buyers. To have sellers arbitrarily downgrading their shipping will be a very bad thing if it catches on.

Ethical sellers usually don't let being unethical catch on with them.

Message 6 of 59
latest reply

Shipping switcheroo

@fern*woodwrote:

I thought ebay reps stated that shipping method was not a valid reason for a SNAD.  

They did. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 7 of 59
latest reply

Shipping switcheroo

@missjen831wrote:

@fern*woodwrote:

They did. 

Didn't they say that's the case as long as the item arrives within the estimated delivery date? Or am I imagining that part...

Message 8 of 59
latest reply

Shipping switcheroo

So the guy writes me back after I point his "mistake" out.

He says sorry for the mistake but he is trying to keep costs low, blah blah.

Tells me to refuse package then he will refund me.

Isnt that a little fishy?

Message 9 of 59
latest reply

Shipping switcheroo

It is definite cause for speculation, at this point. That is all it is though: Speculation.

Ethical or not, the seller may do this again in effort to "keep costs low." Perhaps though he/she will genuinely learn from their presumed mistake consequently double-checking their listings' service details moving forward. All depends on the seller's intentions. The possibilities being either an honest mistake or not-so-swift attempt to mislead another.

Message 10 of 59
latest reply

Shipping switcheroo

Well he made the same "mistake: on a listing for another one, plus a few other items have fast and free logo on them. He is an experienced seller with quite a few items listed.

Message 11 of 59
latest reply

Shipping switcheroo

I thought if you refused a package you lost buyer protection?

Message 12 of 59
latest reply

Shipping switcheroo

@dougsue123bwrote:

I thought if you refused a package you lost buyer protection?

That is correct.

Message 13 of 59
latest reply

Shipping switcheroo

So he wants me to do that so he doesnt have to refund, what a nice guy

Message 14 of 59
latest reply

Shipping switcheroo

@dougsue123bwrote:

So the guy writes me back after I point his "mistake" out.

He says sorry for the mistake but he is trying to keep costs low, blah blah.

Tells me to refuse package then he will refund me.

Isnt that a little fishy?

Yea, stinks like fish.  Tell him you are not going to void your buyer protection.  

@Anonymous  Please clarify this issue, if the seller downgrades the shipping and the item is late can the buyer get a full refund + return shipping?  Downgrading the shipping is a no-no in the policy so what does the buyer do when this occurs?

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 15 of 59
latest reply