cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping is still not combining..

After dealing with this for the last year i'm going to make a post every day until this is fixed. I've read just about every post on this topic. My buyers are still paying crazy amounts for s&h on combined orders that I get charged seller fees for yet see no refund from ebay but I end up refunding the buyer cause it's the right thing to do. I have my additional item fees for shipping in my preferences. Not all buyers know to add it to the cart but it doesn't work half the time anyway especially on multiple platforms. Please fix this problem ebay. If i'm missing something please let me know!

Thank you.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Ebay won't see this.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@Anonymous 

Specifically asked for examples of this function being faulty.  Here ya go Trinton.

Ebay doesn't want to fix this.  All those extra fees in their coffers, and not in yours!

BOGUS move yet again by ebay.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@boomwire wrote:

After dealing with this for the last year i'm going to make a post every day until this is fixed. I've read just about every post on this topic. My buyers are still paying crazy amounts for s&h on combined orders that I get charged seller fees for yet see no refund from ebay but I end up refunding the buyer cause it's the right thing to do. I have my additional item fees for shipping in my preferences. Not all buyers know to add it to the cart but it doesn't work half the time anyway especially on multiple platforms. Please fix this problem ebay. If i'm missing something please let me know!

Thank you.

Hey there, have you reached out to our customer service team (http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cuhome?from_ocs=1) to review your shipping preferences and make sure they are set up correctly? With shipping preferences you can apply a S&H discount directly to the cart when your buyers are selecting items to purchase. Additionally, your buyer's should be able to request a total from you when they are done adding items to their cart.

I did see you mentioned multiple platforms and while I'm not 100% certain what you are referencing, I believe you may be talking about buyers on other eBay sites beyond eBay.com. Some sites do not have the cart feature, so you may need to get more creative with prospective buyers and create listings for them with bundled items. We can always review the fees charged for shipping that you have partially refunded to best benefit your buyers and look into partial credits for you. Check out the link I provided to get in touch with customer service to have this reviewed and ensure your account settings support your success!

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@boomwire wrote:

Thank you.

Hey there, have you reached out to our customer service team (http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cuhome?from_ocs=1) to review your shipping preferences and make sure they are set up correctly? With shipping preferences you can apply a S&H discount directly to the cart when your buyers are selecting items to purchase. Additionally, your buyer's should be able to request a total from you when they are done adding items to their cart.

I did see you mentioned multiple platforms and while I'm not 100% certain what you are referencing, I believe you may be talking about buyers on other eBay sites beyond eBay.com. Some sites do not have the cart feature, so you may need to get more creative with prospective buyers and create listings for them with bundled items. We can always review the fees charged for shipping that you have partially refunded to best benefit your buyers and look into partial credits for you. Check out the link I provided to get in touch with customer service to have this reviewed and ensure your account settings support your success!

Get more creative?  That's all you have to offer?  

How about ebay get less creative in finding new ways to undermine our business models?

Always aiming to grab more fees and basically forcing sellers to lose profits by making this cart into a useless piece of cagada.

When a seller is unable to fulfill the terms of transaction because ebay has disfunction at every juncture, only the venue gains are taken into consideration.  

Losses to the seller always touted to be blessings for the buyer experience are nothing but lies.  What buyer wants to pay more or spend extra time trying to get a seller to honour terms when ebay cannot set functions to work seamlessly, ever?  

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

in the long run...if i'm not making the $ each month their not either...they just make me sick. And this is what a rep sent me - Gerald, 7/10/17: Hello Corrine,

In regards to your call,This is to inform you that about the Immediate payment on purchasing the Item, It is just a reminder for you to pay on those Items that you wanted to purchases on ebay. If still your buyer complains about this you may tell the buyer to give us a call back here so that we can further asssit them.
Kind regards,

eBay Customer Service
[THREAD ID: 1-121123496830]
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Again, UGH, combined shipping is not working & I am spending A LOT of time having to manually figure out the overage charged by ebays nonworking combining feature & partially refunding customers.  I charge ONE FEE for S&H with every other item they purchase FREE - got it FREE.  But all of a sudden my buyers are being charged shipping for every listing they purchase from ... in some cases 6 times the shipping cost!  So eBay, what are you changing now (& again) that is causing this problem?

I spent A LOT of time months and months ago with CS at eBay when ALL OF A SUDDEN combined shipping wasn't working.  I almost got in a nasty argument with the person trying to help me as they stated we have always been only allowed to offer combined shipping for multiple items in the same listing BUT not if they had multiple items from different listing purchases - then each listing was going to show up with a shipping cost. 

Finally I got them to see what I was stating - as far as I have always had customers buy multiple items from different listings with one combined shipping cost.  They said they would get back to me after then sent it up a tier (or something like that).  Within the next month all of a sudden everything was back the way it was & working fine again ... Of course, there was never any acknowledgement from eBay about this problem.

Any ideas what's going on again?

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

If you are having problems with customers being overcharged the majority of the time,  there could be several factors involved.  For example, are you receiving multiple payments from buyers?   If yes, then they are most likely using buy-it-now instead of the cart.   If they ARE using the cart (making one payment) and as an example, they are being charged $20 for shipping when it should only be $5 flat, then go back and check to make sure the following is set up correctly.     

#1 Listings:  It is NOT enought to indicate within each listing's shipping details section that each additional item ships free.  The combined shipping rules need to be set up first (see #2).   Then you need to go back to  every listing and make sure the box is checked for  "apply my flat shipping rule" . 

#2- MOST IMPORTANT  Setting up combined shipping rules:   This can only be done using the classic eBay website.   Go to account settings, site preferences, shipping preferences and edit "offer combined payments and shipping" like.    I use "add $0.00" for each additional item (same as free shipping) . 

After you do this, test your listings (need separate eBay account) or ask someone with an eBay account to test it for you.    If everything is done correctly, there will only be one flat rate shipping cost before the total.  

It also helps to direct buyers to use the cart feature.  You can add this to each listing's  "checkout instructions" or in the main description (or both) so buyers can't say they didn't know they were supposed to use the cart.   

previously known as boardnpostsid
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Everything you stated was already done before and is still the case now.  Te only thing I have no idea is how eBay's shopping cart works with BIN etc - that is eBays issue not mine since I have no control over it.  It is radomly this is happening but happening enough.  As I said in my post this was a major problem for me months ago and, after a long time with CS on the phone - and no immediate help - within a week or so all of a sudden everything was working fine ... & I didn't need to do anything.  This is exactly what is happening now.  Thx for the detailed info on the combined shipping but, since this has been working perfectly fine for a long time now, it is happening again & I haven't changed anything.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@merzies wrote:

Everything you stated was already done before and is still the case now.  Te only thing I have no idea is how eBay's shopping cart works with BIN etc - that is eBays issue not mine since I have no control over it.  It is radomly this is happening but happening enough.  As I said in my post this was a major problem for me months ago and, after a long time with CS on the phone - and no immediate help - within a week or so all of a sudden everything was working fine ... & I didn't need to do anything.  This is exactly what is happening now.  Thx for the detailed info on the combined shipping but, since this has been working perfectly fine for a long time now, it is happening again & I haven't changed anything.

The shopping cart doesn't work with the BIN button and it isn't supposed to.   The "add to cart" button is what buyers need to use to access the shopping cart and any sales that a seller may have set up.   BIN can still apply shipping discounts, but only to the item being purchased.   

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

And all items in the cart have to have the SAME type of shipping for the discount to apply to multiple purchases.

Example. Two items selecting priority will come up with the combined shipping discount. One priority and one first class will get no discount.

Radine

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

You are correct and there are both buyers and sellers who do not realize that the same shipping options need to be offered for ALL of their items.     If anything, eBay does a poor job explaining that to buyers an sellers.  

For example:  I have some items that ship free, but buyers can selet priority mail if they wish.   And I have some items that have to ship priority mail.   

If a buyer puts a mix of both items in their cart,   unless they change the shipping for the free items to priority  mail also, then Paypal will split the order in to two transactions:    One for the free shipping items and one for the paid shipping items.   They will still receive any sale discounts (BOGO, % off etc...) .    

I just had a buyer the other day who still didn't follow my instructions, even after I told him to change the shipping method for ALL items in the cart to priority mail and when he checks out, there will only be ONE charge before the total.    I guess some buyers are put off when they see the shipping cost next to each item. . 

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

boardnpostsid
Trailblazer

This is a great step by step illustration!  Unfortunately, all the create and edit links on this page do not work.  I have been trying for the last couple of weeks and they never work, so I am unable to set up any combined shipping rules.  Any suggestions?

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

if you use business policies you also have to check the box within the shipping policy to use the combined shipping discount

Message 15 of 15
latest reply