cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping a single Trading Card

So im just starting out selling yugioh cards and have a few questions regarding shipping. If I sell a single card what is the best option to ship it, ordinary envelope or bubble mailer? Are the shipping labels only used on the bubble mailer and not the envelope? If you ship in an envelope do you write recipients address and your own normally? Is the tracking feature only available on packages with shipping labels? How will it be verified that the customer received the order if there is no tracking? Sorry very new to this any tips are welcome, thank you.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If you use an ordinary envelope, you will have no tracking proof of delivery..while I dont know the price of these cards, you are better off using a bubble envelope, just make sure it is at least /4" thick so you can use First Class postage label with tracking,you can wrap the card in bubble wrap to do this..

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The type of envelope does not matter. Postage and tracking depends on whether you are mailing a First Class LETTER or a PACKAGE. Each shape has specific requirements for weight and dimensions.

If you use online prepaid labels, you are mailing a PACKAGE that includes tracking. You cannot affix the label to a LETTER. The minimum PACKAGE postage is $2.61. Or you can pay full retail postage at the PO in the amount of $2.67; the PO clerk will add the tracking label and the number will appear on your receipt. Another option is to affix stamps ($2.67) plus a self-adhesive tracking Label 400. Or you can skip the tracking label.

If you don't care about tracking, you can mail a non-machinable letter -- maximum thickness is 1/4 inch, maximum weight is 3.5 oz., and the envelope must be small and rigid. For example, I send postcard orders (up to 3 cards) in a #11 paper envelope lined with thin cardboard (usually scraps from old file folders). The weight is 2 oz. and the NM surcharge is $0.21 -- so I affix the 3 oz. Forever stamp that costs $0.91. For 4x6 postcards, I use a 6x9 paper envelope (bubble envelopes are too expensive!) because the #11 envelope is just a bit narrow.

With no tracking, there's no defense against a INR claim. Most of my customers let me know they received an order by posting feedback or sending me an e-mail. In 30 years of mail order (20 years on eBay), no complaints or lost mail yet! In recent years, I've offered both NM letter and FC package -- the buyer decides whether tracking is worth the extra expense. If I am mailing a FC package, I just make sure the weight exceeds 3.5 oz. or the thickness is greater than 1/4 inch -- easy to do with corrugated cardboard rather than thin cardboard.

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@805ninja wrote:

So im just starting out selling yugioh cards and have a few questions regarding shipping. If I sell a single card what is the best option to ship it, ordinary envelope or bubble mailer?

Depends on whether you want tracking, which in turn depends on whether you want Top Rated Seller status and/or protection against fake 'Item not received" (INR) claims.

Are the shipping labels only used on the bubble mailer and not the envelope?

eBay shipping labels can only be used on First Class packages; prices start at $2.61 for a package up to 4 ounces. Cards in an envelope is not a package, unless it's rigid and also over 1/4 inch thick.

If you ship in an envelope do you write recipients address and your own normally?

Yes.

Is the tracking feature only available on packages with shipping labels?

USPS provides tracking for all packages, both online labels as well as retail postage purchased over-the-counter at the Post Office.  But only for packages, not for letters or for flats (AKA Large envelopes).

How will it be verified that the customer received the order if there is no tracking?

Simply not possible.

Sorry very new to this any tips are welcome, thank you.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply