cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Rate Table Glitch

Shipping rate table does not work. Has anyone experianced this glitch? When you add your rate table to the listing  it shows as if it was applied to the listing then if you go back and revise the listing it showes that it didn't apply the rate table. This is only happening with new listings . 

Message 1 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

We are having the same issue here. While trying to list new items we are unable to apply our shipping rate tables and the same with updating existing listings. After reviewing and saving changes 'Use a rate table' box  will uncheck and listings go FAST 'N FREE.. We started to have this issue two days ago and for now we just use option 'Calculated shipping: cost varies by buyer location'.. 1.png2.png3.png

Message 2 of 60
latest reply

I have never seen the use a rate table option.

What would that be as opposed to using the drop down from flat rate to calculated?

Radine

Message 3 of 60
latest reply

Oh, never mind. Must have something to do with FedEx. Sorry.

I don't use them.

Radine

Message 4 of 60
latest reply

No it has nothing to do with fed ex. Its different regions in the country . It allows you to add a surcharge to states that are far from you . Shipping priority mail can be very pricey depending on where you are located . This feature allows you to add a surcharge for certain states .
Message 5 of 60
latest reply

Please let eBay know about your glitch . This way they will prioritize it . Its very frustrating
Message 6 of 60
latest reply

I'm having the same problem. I was told that the more people report this issue the higher the priority. Thank goodness I had shipping costs in my flat rate field otherwise shipping would have been free for everything. I would remove the rate table for guaranteed delivery and go Ebay calculating the shipping time but that doesn't always work correctly either which is why I went to rate tables. What a mess.
Message 7 of 60
latest reply

We are experiencing the same issue. Just noticed it today. Has anyone spoken with eBay? Are they working on a fix for this?

Message 8 of 60
latest reply

I just enabled a test rate table on an existing free FCP item listing with $50 shipping to Southern California and $99 shipping to Territories, and it worked exactly as expected on the listing when I played around with zip codes, and was still in place when I revised again to remove it.

Did the same for a scheduled, from scratch, new listing and it also worked fine.

Unless an issue would arise for the scheduled listing when it went live, looks like it's working to me. (Using Firefox 31)

Possibly a browser related issue where in certain browsers it "looks" like the rate table checkbox is getting ticked but it isn't sticking (OP didn't make clear whether the actual listing was checked after enabling the rate table or if only the setting when revising the listing again was checked). Trying a different browser might be a next step.
Message 9 of 60
latest reply

They say only if more people call and let them know they will prioritize. So far no fix. Please let them know ASAP
Message 10 of 60
latest reply

Did you go back into the listing and revise it? When you go into revising the listing you will see that the box is not checked off.
Message 11 of 60
latest reply

Yes I did, and it was still checked off in both tests. It doesn't uncheck itself here.

The only thing I didn't test was a new live listing - only a new scheduled listing , and a revised existing live listing.

Did you check the live listing itself after revising and enabling the rate table? Go into the listing shipping and payments tab and play around with zipcodes and "get rates" to see if the table was or was not in effect?

My suspicion is that even though you are ticking the checkbox to enable the rate table(s), it isn't actually ticking the box, and may be a browser issue.

Message 12 of 60
latest reply

Yep ... noticed this morning that we are shipping heavy items to Zone 8 with free shipping because the shipping rate tables have become de-activated.

I posted a note about the problem in the technical forum.

Another day, another eBay software error that is paid for by the sellers ...

Message 13 of 60
latest reply

I SWEAR THAT eBay DOES NOTHING WHEN IT COMES TO FIXING ANY SHIPPING RATE THAT IS WRONG 

THEY TELL YOU OKAY WE WILL EMAIL FEDEX AND THEN WE WILL GET BACK TO YOU meaning Me and I SWEAR THEY NEVER DO GET BACK....

they know what they are doing which is STRAIGHT BLOWING US OFF 

Message 14 of 60
latest reply

So on older listings it still is there only new listings it gets unchechecked once you list the item . You dont ralize it unitl you go back to revise. I changed browser and still no change . I dont know what to do . We sell some hevy weight items and this feature is so important. If you listed any thing in the last week with this feature it got affected.

Message 15 of 60
latest reply