cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers inflating shipping fees to avoid ebay fees but ebay does nothing to montior postings

Why isn't ebay dong more to monitor seller post and their shipping fees?  A small box of cards should not cost 30 dollors to ship.  small as playing cards.  Ebay can't explain nor can the seller justify the price of shipping and it isn't my job to print screen and provide shots of people breaking rules. 

Maybe ebay should go to making sellers wait for their postings to be approved before they can post their items for sell.  This way if the acts of rules being broken continue then they become permanently banned

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Sellers inflating shipping fees to avoid ebay fees but ebay does nothing to montior postings

Sellers pay fees on the total cost--including on the shipping.   Shop total cost.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

No fee avoidance.  Sellers pay fees on total buyer payment.

No rules broken.

May be different if not USA selling.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

@blaqironwrote:

Why isn't ebay dong more to monitor seller post and their shipping fees?  A small box of cards should not cost 30 dollors to ship.  small as playing cards.  Ebay can't explain nor can the seller justify the price of shipping and it isn't my job to print screen and provide shots of people breaking rules. 

Maybe ebay should go to making sellers wait for their postings to be approved before they can post their items for sell.  This way if the acts of rules being broken continue then they become permanently banned

A Flat Rate Padded Envelope from the U.S. to the UK costs $34

A 1 lb Priority Mail Express package from NW Florida to Washington State (zone 😎 costs $38.20.

How much does your item weigh, where is it shipping from (and to) and by what method?

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

@blaqironwrote:

Sellers pay fees on the entire transaction so there is no fee avoidance. You have a back button for a reason. If you aren't comfortable with a listing use it. You want eBay to review the shipping costs on every listing before those listings go live? That is just nuts.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Ouch.

Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 4.11.20 PM.png

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Yowza!

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

If you think it's a crazy price, then don't buy from them.

If you think they made an error... like $30 instead of $3... you could always politely ask.

Shipping isn't just postage price.  That fee avoidance you think exists doesn't.  Sellers pay the same % fee on the item price and the shipping price.  PayPal also charges a fee on the total amount charged. 

Shipping boxes, padded/poly mailers, tape, labels, packing peanuts, bubble wrap, insurance, packing foam, plastic bags, tissue paper, printer ink/toner, etc. all cost money.  I'm my own shipping department, but some have shipping staff.   That's another shipping business expense (and even my time is worth money).   Business expenses are ultimately paid by the buyer.  

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Hi!

Wanna talk about real fee avoidance?

I remember the days in past when computer monitors were being sold for a penny with $99 for shipping (it was more for CRT's). nerd

Bye!

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

And thats exactly why Ebay combines 10 % price and shipping,but most smart buyers here shop total price, shipping and price combinee..you dont think the monitor should have sold for a penny do you?

Yes,this is a posting id,I have been selling on Ebay for fifteen years!
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Holy Moly, wow, maybe on-line shopping isn't for you.

You have left more negs than I have in 14 years with multible ID's with most over 500 feedbacks.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Oh...

My...

Goodness...

zipper_mouth

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Red is my favorite color, however, I think the one that hit me the hardest was the .12 refund 😞

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

nightmare
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Cuz ebay doesn’t run the world and neither do you. Thank god.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply