cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller put trash in the box for my figure I bought from him - would you find this acceptable?

I have already contacted the seller and left feedback, I am just curious what the community thinks of this. Personally, I am disgusted. He used two soda can cardboard bases, and two empty waterbottles (water still inside the bottles). He basically used and put trash inside the box. I think this is absolutey unacceptable, he thinks it's perfectly fine.

Message 1 of 121
latest reply
120 REPLIES 120

Seller put trash in the box for my figure I bought from him - would you find this acceptable?

As long as the items are clean, what's the problem?  Looks like good cushioning to me.

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
Message 2 of 121
latest reply

I think it's an imaginative use of water bottles.    They substitute nicely for those little puffy bags that are so hard to come by.    Such packaging wouldn't bother me a bit. 

I take it your item arrived undamaged?

And, of course, that neg looks far worse on your FB page than it does on the seller's.  Thanks for posting.

Message 3 of 121
latest reply

Where I’m from, plastic bottles and cardboard aren’t trash. They are recyclables. And people go around stealing them out of your bins inbtraah day so they can turn them in for money. I wouldn’t be upset if I received something packed with recyclables.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 4 of 121
latest reply

Nope, not acceptable in any way. Don’t use customers to recycle your garbage. 

Sorry this happened. 

Message 5 of 121
latest reply

Whereas I would agree that it is not "professional" packaging, it is very environmentally friendly.  Any time that a shipper can re-use old material rather than add to our nation's waste by using new packaging and dunnage, I appreciate the seller.

I don't go quite to the level of what your seller did, but I frequently reuse packaging material (boxes, bubble wrap, crumpled brown paper, etc).

If your item arrived clean and safely,  I think the negative feeback was unwarranted.

P.S.  I actually laughed a little when I saw those pictures.  🙂

Message 6 of 121
latest reply

I would complain too since the water bottles still had water in them. That just ups the shipping cost.
Message 7 of 121
latest reply

Well, I think the water bottles are an interesting choice that I would not make (and if I did, I'd make sure they were totally dry before using), but the soda cardboard does not bother me at all. So long as your item did not end up damaged in any way, I'd be happy that they used padding since so many sellers barely pad at all.

Not everyone has an easy way to recycle if you're on private garbage pickup that charges extra for recycling.
Message 8 of 121
latest reply

I agree, completely unacceptable.  I reuse boxes, packing paper and air bags, but used drink bottles?  Ugh.  

Anyone who thinks that money can't buy happiness has never paid a shelter pet's adoption fee
Message 9 of 121
latest reply

Thank you

Message 10 of 121
latest reply

I reuse packing material all the time too (amazon boxes, bubble wrap and other packing materials received), but I would never think to put trash with someone's item.

Why did you laugh?

Message 11 of 121
latest reply

Thank you. I reuse packing materials all the time too, but trash is taking it to another level

Message 12 of 121
latest reply

Would I pack that way, heck no. In my state those are worth 10 cents each.
Message 13 of 121
latest reply

It's not trash, it's recyclables. I wouldn't ship anything this way, but I'm not a hobbyist seller, either. I think there are worse things to be upset by.
Message 14 of 121
latest reply

Why do you say the feedback would be worse on my page (the buyer) than on his page (the seller)? It seems to me that buyers can very easily earn their positive feedback with a quick automatic PayPal payment, where the seller has to work hard to earn the positive feedback (reasonable shipping speed and thoughtful decent packaging).

Message 15 of 121
latest reply