cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller no response, good not shipped, ebay direct me to useless pages

Hi everyone, I have bought something but the seller just disappear, no reply, no shipping.

The delivery date shows the good will come before 22Nov.

Well, the day just passed and good now I can apply for an ebay step-in.

But the ebay website just keep directs me to useless page and tell me to wait.

I have contacted the seller for two weeks by sending message everyday, with no response. 

Obviously this is a SCAM but what I can only do is wait, until ebay give me a "step-in" button to click-in.

Besides, is there any method can contact ebay without waiting? It's time wasting, also I am worry about the refund. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Seller no response, good not shipped, ebay direct me to useless pages

Per eBay rules: You have to wait until the next business day AFTER the last estimated delivery date (EDD) before you can file an Item Not Received (INR) claim.   You may not like it, but those are the rules you agreed to follow when you accepted eBay's TOS and got permission to buy here.  Just saying.  Since Saturday and Sunday are NOT business days, trying to file an INR claim on the weekend is not valid: it isn't the 'next' business day after the EDD.  Also, one needs to follow the eBay procedures correctly to be covered by the MBG.  So if teh steps are not clear, DO NOT 'guess' come back here and ask for help.

One needs to trust the Money Back Guarantee (MBG) when buying on eBay and not get nervous and contact any seller too many times.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Sellers don't have to let you know when they ship. If the label was made on eBay tracking is automatically given to you but this seller might not be using eBay labels.

Delivery expectations during Covid 19---  Mail loads are heavy and you should expect delivery delays. Besides, the delivery date is an estimate not a date certain date.

You really should wait a few days after the latest expected date before you file a claim.  It's really stressful to a seller when they run into a buyer that opens cases fast as possible. Usually what happens is eBay acts quickly and forces the seller to refund and then a few days later the package gets delivered and the buyer refuses to repay the seller or return it. 

You have 30 days to file a claim.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Since today is the 22nd, it seems that you are a bit premature in wanting eBay to step in.  Of course, if the 22nd is the final day of the estimated delivery period you should be able to file an INR dispute on the 23rd.  The seller will then be allowed time to respond and if they have tracking showing the item has been delivered you will lose the dispute.  If not you should get a refund.

If the item should arrive after you have been given a refund, I trust that you will repay the seller or return the item.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I see that you are located in Hong Kong so it is probably already the 23rd there.  I'm not sure of if there could be delay owing to your country's customs.  I haven't been to Hong Kong since the early 70's so I imagine things have changed quite a bit.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@jackyc9770 wrote:

Hi everyone, I have bought something but the seller just disappear, no reply, no shipping.

The delivery date shows the good will come before 22Nov.

Well, the day just passed and good now I can apply for an ebay step-in.

But the ebay website just keep directs me to useless page and tell me to wait.

I have contacted the seller for two weeks by sending message everyday, with no response. 

Obviously this is a SCAM but what I can only do is wait, until ebay give me a "step-in" button to click-in.

Besides, is there any method can contact ebay without waiting? It's time wasting, also I am worry about the refund. 

I'm sorry but you are calling this a scam too early. You simply have to be more patient. There are many delays in shipping due to covid. If you are really sending daily messages to this seller I'm not surprised they have stopped responding. You will simply have to wait a little longer. It has not been a month, you wrote this on the 22nd. Patience my friend, patience.... 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Same thing happend to me seller disappeared and almost two months gone.  as you mentioned ebay direct me to different different pages and still no real support from human. and the site's help center is full of bugs .

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@chathurindik0 

Here are the steps to file a refund request.  Since you said that your item is 2 months late you will need to file on PayPal

Look for the last estimated delivery date in your purchase history.  You can file a refund request when it is past that date.   I suggest waiting a week to allow for postal service delays.

Find your item here:

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/get-help-item-hasnt-arrived?id=4042&st=2&pos=2&quer...

4 business days after you file the refund request ask ebay to step in and help if the seller has not refunded you.  If you do not ask ebay to step in and help then the case closes after 21 days and you lose. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/ask-ebay-to-step-in?id=4701

You have 30 days from the last estimated delivery date to file a refund request on ebay.  

If it is over that you can file a refund request on PayPal up to 180 days from date of purchase.

File the claim here https://www.paypal.com/disputes/

Escalate the dispute to paypal if the seller doesn't refund you after a few days.    If you do not escalate the dispute the case closes after 20 days and you lose. 

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-escalate-a-dispute-to-a-claim-faq822

Or if you did not pay using PayPal you can file a chargeback with your bank or credit card.

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

when i tried to file a case i get this " You already have a case open for this item" but when i opend resolution center theres no open case , (check screenshot). i don't use paypal and i don't think my bank can sort this. so whats the purpose of the ebay money-back guarantee if we need to get help from local bank ? 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

when i tried to file a case i get this " You already have a case open for this item" but when i opend resolution center theres no open case , (check screenshot). i don't use paypal and i don't think my bank can sort this. so whats the purpose of the ebay money-back guarantee if we need to get help from local bank ? 

@chathurindik0 I don't download screenshots..... sorry.  When sharing pictures make sure that they have no personal information and use the camera ICON at the top of the box when posting.  I really do not need to see these pictures though.

The ebay MBG does have time limits.  30 days from the last estimated delivery date for items that are not received AND 30 days from the date of delivery for items that are not as described. 

Once a case is opened you must ask eBay to step in and help if the seller doesn't respond.  You do this in the case.  You can only ask eBay to step in and help if you open a case within the 30 days limit and no more than 21 business days after you open the request.

I am sorry but I don't make the rules, I just try to help members understand them. 

IF you are not going to use Paypal then I'd at least shop with a credit card as they usually offer more protection.  

You can check with your bank and see if they have any protections for items that are not received OR significantly not as described.

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 10 of 10
latest reply