cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Sending USELESS Return Label to BYPASS SYSTEM

Sending back defected product. already contacted seller who REFUSED to pay for shipping cost of returns.

Escalated complaint to EBAY, filed a return, seller accepted the return, to send back A USELESS RETURN LABEL that's pickup location is in a facility in a different country. (I'm in Canada, the pickup location of the product is in TEXAS) 

So I get an email saying that I have to ship the product and they should receive it by the 23rd. Contacted customer service, and they're COMPETELY USELESS, tells me EBAY WON'T STEP IN UNTIL THE 22ND because seller neesd to be given three business days, even though based on our prior messages on EBAY, it's VERY CLEAR that SELLER HAS NO INTENTION OF PAYING THE SHIPPING FEE AND THEY'RE DOING EVERYTHING THEY CAN DO BYPASSS EBAY' S POLICYS.

Customer service doesn't even put into file that the return label they sent me was basically a hoax to get me to pay for shipping fees to a facility in their state. Ebay can apparenlty only step in on the 22nd and evene then, the next steps are to either get the seller or them to send me a shipping label -_-

It seems like there's ZERO CONSEQUENCES FOR BREAKING EBAY'S POLICIES AND INTENTIONALLY STALLING THIS ISSUE.

I called customer service two times, and appearenlty the first time, they didn't even take any notes or put into the system that the return label I received was useless and so I cannot possibly be expected to return the product by the 23rd. Basically, I called in for nothing.

I've honestly never dealt with such an incompetent platform that's user interface is complete garbage, customer service is nonexistent or completely useless, and sellers get away with openly going against platform policies and having such a HIGH LEVEL OF DISHONESTY ON AN ONLIINE PLATFORM/MARKET largely built on TRUST.

I will probably never be using this site against, especially for larger purchases. But right now, just wondering what I can do to resolve the issue.

I'm thinking I might just get a chargeback either thorugh my credit card of Paypal, instead of wating for Ebay's incompetent, delayed system.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

what do you mean pick up location of the product

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Maybe the seller didn't realize you are in Canada and that U.S. postage can't be used. Or maybe the seller thinks CA means California.

Why would the seller be given 3 days? For what? Yes, eBay CSR's are clueless. But by now they should know that prepaid return labels are not possible for international transactions.

I suggest you wait, then ask eBay to step in. Tell them to provide a prepaid return label with Canadian postage. They can't, of course, so they will have to issue your refund without requiring a return.

Don't try to open a Paypal case -- that will automatically close your eBay case and you'll be stuck with nothing. A credit card chargeback is a bad idea at this point, too.

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

And no, they listed the pickup destination as the address of the Global Shipping Centre =.= My home address is obviously not the Global Shipping Centre.

It was intentional, based on previous contact with seller.

This is what I'm hoping for, but instead Ebay wants to "continously stall" the issue.

The seller is given 3 business days to provide me with a valid shipping label, so they send a fake one to bypass the system lmao.

Then they're given another 5 days to arrange payment options with me, this is what EBAY considers STEPPPING IN

Why should I have to wait so long to get my return because the seller is being uncooperative **bleep** that's doing everything they can to make me pay for the shipping fees when I'm covered under Ebay's policies.

And yeah, from what I understand based on previous cases,  after 3 business days, I should be issued a refund, return or not. Because I'm entitlted to a refund, and that shouldn't be stalled becuase the seller is playing games with me.

My blood pressure has rised significanlty from screaming at braindead, moronic customer service reps who speak broken language, are uinformed/ingorant, and can't DO ANYTHING to reoslve my issue except play a stalling game.

Plus, they have taken out the contact information of any management, so I can't talk to anyone higher up. After this incident, I am never making any big purchases with Ebay again. 

I will be surprised if Ebay is still in business after a year with the recent changes thye've made. Also asked if my shipping fees with GSP would be covered to the supervisor, and her response was "It should be, but there's no guarantees."

But I'm covered under Ebay's Money Back Guarantee, which apparently means nothing to them. 

Going to try and escalate this with Paypal.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@redac3 wrote:

I'm entitlted

I may have found the root of the problem.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@redac3 wrote:

Going to try and escalate this with Paypal.

No, don't contact PayPal: Doing that closes your eBay case.

You're in the cow bat's seed now --

after 5 days with no payment for return shipping from the seller --

eBay will force a full refund without requiring a return --

and PayPal, seeing that refund, will also reverse the GSP portion.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Did you order the item through Global Shipping? Also, the Global Shipping center is in Kentucky not Texas

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

As a seller, I get my item back and then I will figure out what will happen. If I give a refund of shipping costs, I decide at that point when I can see the item. 

I'm sure that's not what you want to hear, but that's the truth.

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@jason_incognito wrote:

...As a seller, I get my item back and then I will figure out what will happen. If I give a refund of shipping costs, I decide at that point when I can see the item

Not for a SNAD claim (as this is) you don't,

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

If this is a gsp item that’s likely why the return label is wrong for you.  The seller likely has no control over that and it’s basing it off where the seller shipped to and from which they didn’t ship to Canada.   

What is the defect with the item ?  Is it possible that damage happened in shipping ?

If you file with PayPal it will close you’re eBay case and paypal will hold you responsible for return shipping. 

@redac3

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

sounds like eBay Global Shipping is missing in action. Call eBay and they should transfer you to that department?

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I am going through something similar myself. 

I returned the defective product to the sellr, and used the shipping label provided. 

Here's a TIP Ebaycomm. Check the shipping address against the sellers address on ebay! 

Granted, some companies will use a different address for retuns, but make sure the address, city and state match. 

THEN do a google search of the address you are sending it to, and keep in mind some cites do have 2 names, or 2 zip codes, that USPS knows can be interchanged... I Think. 

In my case, the city it is supposedly going to,  does not have that address in that city. 

My tracking number only says "Delayed" but give no explaination as to why. 

Well, NOW I know LOL! 

Personally I don't think the seller who has a 99% plus rating did this purposely, but when I called him about the tracking number he didn't even catch that the package was going to hallendale fla. 30099. and not Aventura fla 33180! 

I have not given them a review, (yet) but he's pushing it. 

I did however speak with customer service, and they told me that I "did my part" and sent the retuen 6 days before the expiration, and if I dont see a refund by next wednesday 11/29/17 I can give them a call to escalate. 

At any rate, this is on them not me, but I REALLY want my money back on my card, because I wanted to see if I could get a black friday deal on another drone!

Sorry for the rant but I hope this was helpful. 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

If you try to do a return through Pay Pal, you will be paying the return shipping.

Have a great day
Message 13 of 13
latest reply