cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns

The question of who pays for a return should be not automatic, especially if in your listing you state that you do not take returs. Thus, the eBay buyer should b under the warning of "buyer be ware." Now, I take a hit on my selling status by not auomatically excepting returns, then I take another hit, buy eBay automatically siding for the buyer and making me pay for the return, oh and then the third hit, now i am loosing money as I paid for the shipping in the front end by offering free shipping. This needs to change. 

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Returns

Hmmm...are you unaware of the money back guarantee posted on your listings, right below your "no returns" policy? It trumps your return policy when the buyer says the item is not as described. If you sell on ebay, you take returns period. If you accept paypal, you issue refunds. Period.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Returns

Hmmm...are you unaware of the money back guarantee posted on your listings, right below your "no returns" policy? It trumps your return policy when the buyer says the item is not as described. If you sell on ebay, you take returns period. If you accept paypal, you issue refunds. Period.

Message 2 of 32
latest reply

Returns

Thus, the eBay buyer should b under the warning of "buyer be ware." Now, I take a hit on my selling status by not auomatically excepting returns, then I take another hit, buy eBay automatically siding for the buyer and making me pay for the return, oh and then the third hit, now i am loosing money as I paid for the shipping in the front end by offering free shipping.

If you think buyers should be "taking a hit" for goods they don't believe are as described, you are selling in the wrong Century. 

Message 3 of 32
latest reply

Returns

@missjen831 wrote:

Jen Any ebay seller can have NO returns and No refunded's Offered  Policy ! As Long as the seller gives  100% details  about the item! that includes any defects if any on the items. Also the Seller should Items detail also as part of the list as well as full back up . Which  will make Both ebay and Paypal  fight off the buyers claim.  You will still have to be a bulldog also to get your  policy  inforced .    I know of several sellers that hbave this policy and have been very good wining the desputes with both ebay and paypal back them up. 

Message 4 of 32
latest reply

Returns

@carlmarxx wrote:

@missjen831 wrote:

Jen Any ebay seller can have NO returns and No refunded's Offered  Policy ! As Long as the seller gives  100% details  about the item! that includes any defects if any on the items. Also the Seller should Items detail also as part of the list as well as full back up . Which  will make Both ebay and Paypal  fight off the buyers claim.  You will still have to be a bulldog also to get your  policy  inforced .    I know of several sellers that hbave this policy and have been very good wining the desputes with both ebay and paypal back them up. 

No one said a seller can't have a no returns policy. Clearly the OP thinks he can hide behind his & doesn't understand that eBay and PayPal buyer protection supersede his return police when the buyer says the item is not as described. And you've been here long to enough to know that a no returns policy doesn't prevent SNADs and sellers stand a very good chance at loosing with both eBay and PayPal. Threads all overs the boards that back this up.

Message 5 of 32
latest reply

Returns

Having a No Return policy means nothing if the buyer claims the Item Is Not As described.

When the buyer files a INAD, the seller is required to pay return shipping and give a refund once the item is returned.

Happy Easter
Message 6 of 32
latest reply

Returns

@kensgiftshop wrote:

Having a No Return policy means nothing if the buyer claims the Item Is Not As described.

When the buyer files a INAD, the seller is required to pay return shipping and give a refund once the item is returned.

That isn't always the case!  Again I know of number sellers with no returns and No Refunds  ,That   won Snad case's  filed by their buyers.   

Message 7 of 32
latest reply

Returns

OK, if you are going to out a point on it, it is PayPal’s policy. As PayPal is the premier e-commerce method of accepting currency then I have abide by their rules. Which by default I chose.  So, they have a policy which by default trumps my rule (and eBay)of not excepting returns. As PayPal is a third-party service, it should not trump an eBay allowed policy. Thus, by your logic I DONT have a choice by the default of which e-commerce company I chose. Additionally, just because I chose PayPal, doesn’t mean that I chose or allowed to have the money back guarantee on my listing. PayPal made that choice for me.

Message 8 of 32
latest reply

Returns

it is PayPal’s policy.

No, the Money Back Guarantee is eBay policy.

As PayPal is a third-party service, it should not trump an eBay allowed policy.

"Trumps" has always been a poor way of expressing it.  Seller, eBay, PayPal and credit card companies all have their own policies, which are totally independent of one another.  So the seller has 4 different pinochle games going on with each transaction, and if he loses any one he's out the money.

Additionally, just because I chose PayPal, doesn’t mean that I chose or allowed to have the money back guarantee on my listing. PayPal made that choice for me.

That's like saying you bought the car but didn't choose to have airbags in it.  That's the way they come, so the only way to skip the airbags is to skip the car.

Message 9 of 32
latest reply

Returns

@couldabeenworse wrote:

it is PayPal’s policy.

No, the Money Back Guarantee is eBay policy.

As PayPal is a third-party service, it should not trump an eBay allowed policy.

"Trumps" has always been a poor way of expressing it.  Seller, eBay, PayPal and credit card companies all have their own policies, which are totally independent of one another.  So the seller has 4 different pinochle games going on with each transaction, and if he loses any one he's out the money.

Additionally, just because I chose PayPal, doesn’t mean that I chose or allowed to have the money back guarantee on my listing. PayPal made that choice for me.

That's like saying you bought the car but didn't choose to have airbags in it.  That's the way they come, so the only way to skip the airbags is to skip the car.

The MBG isn't paypal's Policy!  Personaly I would like see Ebay have no control  money part of transaction !  If anything ebay should be involed on Only  On  INR  case's  and Seller fraud by working with paypal  ! Ebay should be more proactive on Controlling  buyer fraud issues !, Let paypal handel SNADS  and  BUYERS  Remorse  Case's . 

Message 10 of 32
latest reply

Returns

what happens is the buyer maniulates the situation to fit no matter what. they never choose the option to pay for shipping back no matter why they are returning it. Ebay just needs to make their sellers pay for returns and not have that gamble option.  Yes I have had honest customers say they bought the wrong item and pay to ship it back. It does happen but I have had customers choose item not as descibed but type a message saying they purchased the wrong item and ebay still side for them and make me pay for a label back. It happened twice to me and I never ever tried to fight it again. Even if you know the customer is manipuylating the system you still have to take the hit because will not side with you. The funny thing is I own several ecommerce pages and do about 100x the business on those pages then ebay. We never ever deal with situations like that. Never. we neve have to take hits because there is no one buying the product on acident. You can have the longest most detailed description in the world and ebay will always say that the customer is right. 15 years on ebay and it will never change. Beleive me. This is part of doing business on here. Its a hard lesson learned for some but it should be a lesson.

Message 11 of 32
latest reply

Returns

You're looking at this all wrong. 

You seem to think that you are a seller and you control your shop. 

In reality, you are the supplier that fulfills eBay orders. They set the policy, they set the terms. eBay likes to give people the impression that they have some control, but once it all comes down to it, ebay enforces THEIR policies, not yours.

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 12 of 32
latest reply

Returns

to return the product is higher than the product I pay  381 and return it cost over 500 dollars

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

Returns

Let me hopefully clear this up everything between sell and buyer is good. Wanted a return label send me to the print page twice waited over 30 minutes no one show from E-bay and stupid me did it again with the same ending.
Message 14 of 32
latest reply

Returns

From what I have seen you can expect 1 out of a 100

luckly I get items at a price 

I have quite a bit of stock and it is all paid for and then some from previous sales

Once your stock is paid for and then some you can be upset but not necessarily at a loss

when spring pops and the flea markets start it is a great opportunity to move a lot of items quick

just remember to put half of your profit in your pocket and use only the other half to purchase more items

the only time I use other money to purchase an item I intend to Sale is when it is something super

i know I have to spread my wings this year into other sites and selling environments to remain profitable while riding the ebay waves

trust me I got a request for a refund today with the reason being I changed my mind

i will refund them if they pay for shipping

i will never refund someone that does not return an item and will fight it till the end if the item is damaged, missing parts or simply is not the item.

if they send an empty box or not the same item they purchased I will contact police in my area, there area and the usps

nothing may come of those actions but there local police dept and the usps have been alerted and will have it documented

if in the future they do get charged for mail fraud or whatever you most likely will be contacted

im surprised there has never been anyone arrested and publicly outed for this and sellers take action against whatever site they where selling on that allowed this to continue

Message 15 of 32
latest reply