cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with international shipping/item returned to me

I sold an item to someone in Hungary and buyer selected ebay international standard delivery. Paid for label and shipped it to the ebay facility in Erlanger, KY. All seems well until the package arrived back on my doorstep today. Not as a return to sender, but with a label shipped from easyship cvg, Erlanger,KY and addressed to me. No explanation. The online tracking information tells me the package with the original tracking number is still in transit.

I requested a call from eBay and the person I spoke with said that they had no information other than the package is still in transit to it's destination and that I should contact USPS. USPS doesn't recognize the tracking number and can't help. 

I'm not certain how to proceed with this issue as the package isn't lost or damaged. I think this is an ebay issue and not a usps since it obviously reached the shipping center since they printed a label out to me. I have contacted the buyer to let her know about the issue.

Any advice? 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

@nlstewart1 wrote:

Paid for label and shipped it to the ebay facility in Erlanger, KY.

All seems well until the package arrived back on my doorstep today. Not as a return to sender, but with a label shipped from easyship cvg, Erlanger,KY and addressed to me.

I have contacted the buyer to let her know about the issue. Any advice? 

Yes, when your buyer files Item Not Received, issue a full refund. You lose.

The ESUS tracking number is Easy Ship US. Silver lining you might not be Bill. Because the ISD label wasn't scanned Delivered to the Donaldson facility, so you're not charged for it.

There have been other recent posts here on the boards that ISD are relabeled for return to the seller with no explanation. DHL is the reshipper, and perhaps rising costs and lower volume make this particular eBay get Rick scheme unprofitable.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Looks like I'm getting one back, too.  I just got a text that the PO is waiting on a package coming to me from Erlanger, KY.   If it's the one I think it is, it was going to Australia.   All the other ones I recently sent that way have gotten through Erlanger.   Hopefully, I won't be charged for the label.   And if I have to resend, I'll send it First Class International.   This also has me rethinking using Ebay International Standard again, especially if they give no reason for the return.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Same thing happened to me.  Package was returned from Erlanger and when I contacted Ebay they said Customs restrictions would not allow it in the country.  Simply not true.  It was a ladies swimsuit shipped to Chile.  They have no customs restrictions preventing shipping a swimsuit to them.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Well...it made it to Erlanger so technically you have no further responsibility.

I wouldn't do anything until you have to do something like responding to a case.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I had 8 packages returned in the last couple weeks. Completely different items to different countries but it keeps saying the items are Customs restricted. I have to stop using the service. 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Same thing. This is another big issue of eBay if they can not explain exactly what was wrong.

Shipped to GB on 3/08/21 via eBay International Standard Delivery and it was sent back to me, the seller today, 3/29/21. What the Erlanger, KY 41018 was doing for 20 days, stuck the package for long time, then sent it back with no clear reasons???

I called CS but nobody know.

Now what I can do is contact buyer and if she want to cancel, I cancel the order and give a full refund (eBay have to refund the Tax part). If the buyer still want, then I reship via USPS 1st class internatinal.

I've never ever want to use this service again. Bad practice.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Had one returned today that was destined to Russia. The strange thing is I had two orders from this same customer, both specifying Ebay int'l shipping. One of them seems to have made it through and there was no international shipping fee applied. The other larger order was returned today with no explanation. Such an appalling poor level of service. Now I have to figure out how to send it by USPS international post. 

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

This is very interesting. I wonder if the GSP is now returning items instead of confiscating them and selling them to wholesellers only to be put back up for sale on Ebay with YOUR pictures and original listing. Used to be that they kept the item, you kept the money and they refunded the buyer. Maybe that has changed and they have not done a good job telling us. I would not be a bit surprised of this is the case. i always thought that had to be a loser for them.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I just received a package back that I was sending to Canada. It went to Miami and then back to me, in Ga.  All I did was print the eBay label and put it on the package.  Was I supposed to do any customs paperwork? I was also charged for the return! How do I get help for this? Should I ship it again? This was my first international, definitely not doing it again.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@dawnie_dawn 

Which item was this? 

Some of your items are quite large. Maybe the freight company in Miami has a size limit. 
Perhaps it aerobes with postage due and it was refused. 

Have you received it back yet? Was there any information on the package?

The more details you provide the better. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I wish i would have seen your issue before. I had the same problem

just a couple of weeks ago with a shipment i made to Australia. It

came back exactly like yours. I don't know what to do. EBAY doesn't

want to do anything to help. They're blaming everything on covid.

There must be a better way. I'll probably loose this sale, and it will

cost me beside the sale! Let me know if you have figured out this

problem. I'm afraid to sell international anymore!!!

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

It's better to start a brand new post than to revive an old one, @nightsjet. It will ensure your problem gets addressed without mixing it up with the other poster and their old issue.

Start a new thread and include information such as which shipping service you used (eISD? USPS? etc).

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply