cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print listing button gone ! Why ? ? ?

As long as I can remember ..   There was a "button" about 1/3 of the way down the listing (just above the description, on the right side)  that allowed you to choose one of 3 options for printing out your item listing.  

I always printed out a copy of the listing and included it in the package with the item.  Today I went to do the same thing and the "Print" button was gone.   Why ?   This tool is of GREAT use.  I used it for EVERY sale I made.  I called eBay customer service and they had no answer.   The only suggestion was to do use the  "Print Screen" option on my computer.   This isn't as good as the eBay Print Listing because it includes info that isn't useful to the buyer and it doesn't leave the proper space I used to mark the item Paid In Full and a Thank You for your purchase note. 

How can I / we let eBay know how important this button was ?  Any suggestions ?  

Thanks in Advance,

Message 1 of 294
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

My daughter found the print button. On the upper left of the item page you can click "View Purchased Item".  It will bring you to the print page.  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 18 of 294
latest reply
293 REPLIES 293

Indeed that link has disappeared. All I ever used it for was to peek at the accepted price on "Best offer" items.

Printing out the listing seems to be a huge waste of ink and paper.  On the eBay label-preparation page there's a link to print an invoice to include with your package; it's on  a half-page of paper so it can go on the same sheet as the label (if you print on plain paper) and contains all the key information about the listing as well as plenty of space for a personal note.

Message 2 of 294
latest reply

I always use this print button to print a page for each item I have listed for my Listed File. When item is sold I use it to record the information for my sales (cost, fees, profit) and print a new one for my file. Put the Print button back eBay. Arrrggghhhh, always messing up something trying to fix something else that don't need fixing.
Message 3 of 294
latest reply

Wow, that's a lot of paper.

Message 4 of 294
latest reply

Thanks for your reply.  It has been my experience that buyers like getting the printed listing with the picture of the item on it.  The  packing label / invoice doesn't offer that option. 

It just seems odd to me that eBay would remove such a useful tool.  I would really like to be able to make my concerns known to eBay.  Thanks for your suggestion. 

Message 5 of 294
latest reply

We do a lot of research before we list items and print out past sales of relevant similar objects for our object files.

I agree with speedracer that the print button is essential, but for the following reasons:

1) The only way, in the past, to see the actual sales price for a item sold at best offer was to press the "print" button. Now best offer sale prices remain crossed out.

2) Now when we print a sold listing, there is 3/4 of a page of irrelevant "junk" --(more chances..., more from the same seller..., sponsored links...) before the listing finally begins. And the typeface is tiny, whereas before the page was reset to a legible font and the preliminary "junk" was eliminated.

I too hope someone from EBay will respond to this thread and explain what's happening.

Message 6 of 294
latest reply

Thanks Glenn,

I agree  100%     

Message 7 of 294
latest reply

I purchase lots on eBay for the company I work for.  I print the auction page along with the PayPal recept to turn in for reimbursement. Surely eBay didn't remove the printer friendly button on purpose.  Hopefully this is just a programming error that will be corrected soon.

Would be nice if someone at eBay would respond.

Message 8 of 294
latest reply

Add me to the ones who want the print listing option back.

I would use it to get an auction I won into a format I could easily cut/paste into Word and save for future reference.

Without it, I have to work around the extraneous stuff and do the shipping/handling separately.

Message 9 of 294
latest reply

I was also using the Print view to remove extraneous clutter from listings I was digitally saving to Evernote. I have years of auction records stored that way.  😞

Message 10 of 294
latest reply

I also was disappoionted to see that the Print button had disappeared.  I typically print an uncluttered copy in color of my wordy listings with the 12 photos to include in the package to my buyers.  I also print PDF's of the same for my own record.  Sometimes I refer to them when writing a new listing later on.  It also was the only way to see what the final value was on a "Best Offer Accepted" sale.

- - - Bring it back - - -

Message 11 of 294
latest reply

How can we get eBay's attention RE: this issue ?    Does anyone know how to make our concerns known ? 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Message 12 of 294
latest reply

Perhaps posting this thread in Techincal Issues would have been.

Posting there may give this issue a better chance at being seen and responded to by someone who works at ebay.

Message 13 of 294
latest reply

This was upsetting me as well.  Go to "View Purchased Item" on the upper left side of listing.  When you press that button, the page comes up that allows you to print the listing.

Message 14 of 294
latest reply

I just love the way ebay makes changes that make it harder to work with day to day.

I do a lot of purchasing for work and need the listing printed to go along with the payment detail for accounting.

Using the screen print looks like **bleep**.

Come on ebay, quit messing with what works.

I guess that is why there is no email address to contact you about all the problems you create.

Message 15 of 294
latest reply