cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packing Slip now no longer shows price paid and shipping - did I miss another change we asked for?

Yesterday all was fine, but today, my packing slips print without the price the seller paid, the shipping the seller paid, and the total.  If I try to edit it, that info is seemingly not available to add to the packing slip.  Is this another change that was made that I missed?  I dislike this.  I want the buyer to see this, and I like to see it on the copy I keep for my records.

Message 1 of 80
latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

Re: Packing Slip now no longer shows price paid and shipping - did I miss another change we asked fo

Hi @dtexley3 - I've gotten clarification on this:

This was an intentional change. The shipping labels packing slip will soon be retired and replaced, but in the meantime we needed to remove the prices on the existing form due to discrepancies in sales tax shown (when charged).

The quantity purchased should not have been removed, but it was. We have rolled the change back to ensure that quantity of items purchased will display, which means for the time being that prices will also display.

The newer packing slip/invoice option available in Seller Hub (Seller Hub>Orders>Awaiting Shipment>Actions drop down>Print Shipping labels or invoices>Invoice/Packing Slip) still has both price and quantity, and it will retain that information going forward.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 16 of 80
latest reply

Re: Packing Slip now no longer shows price paid and shipping - did I miss another change we asked fo

tyler@ebay wrote:

Hi @dtexley3 - I've gotten clarification on this:

This was an intentional change. The shipping labels packing slip will soon be retired and replaced, but in the meantime we needed to remove the prices on the existing form due to discrepancies in sales tax shown (when charged).

Y'know, if eBay would just keep the same programmers on staff instead of appearing to rely on offshore contract programmers, they wouldn't have to keep doing these clean-sheet makeovers every time there's a major change that needs implementing, because the people who wrote the code in the first place would still be available to make the necessary updates. 

Instead, we get fiascoes like the new Shipping label form, which is stumbling into existence because no one could figure out how to maintain the old one, and now we are apparently going to lose a perfectly serviceable Packing List because no one could figure out how to render the sales tax paid? Seriously? Why is it so difficult to produce decent maintainable code that can be incrementally updated as needs change, instead of having to abandon the current installation and start over every time an unforeseen event comes along?

And finally...

> but in the meantime we needed to remove the prices on the existing

> form due to discrepancies in sales tax shown (when charged).

When were they planning to tell us this? As the events of this morning showed, they just flung it out there and waited for people to discover it. 

The quantity purchased should not have been removed, but it was.

> We have rolled the change back to ensure that quantity of items

> purchased will display, which means for the time being that prices

> will also display.

That points to a complete lack of any peer review or testing prior to release. It staggers the imagination to see that a company the size of eBay could be so lackadaisical in its software development and quality control. Someone messed up, and there was no one else down the line to catch it.

Message 17 of 80
latest reply

Yes! The quantities SHOULD be on the packing slip ebay. Please!

Message 18 of 80
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

So , They change the shipping label to hid how much they are charging for tax? Does not surprise me.

Message 19 of 80
latest reply

you can see the price and quantity on that, i also got yesterday this option and its working fine no issues.
Message 20 of 80
latest reply

Same issue discovered today. PLEASE EBAY!!!!! Put this back the way it was!!! This is important to my business. If someone doesn't want the price shown because it's a gift or something, we always black it out or cut the price off the paper. But my packing slips go to the accountant who needs to input this information into our system. This change is a significant "BLOW-UP" the system issue to me.
Message 21 of 80
latest reply

I had to change from Chrome to Safari....works fine now
Message 22 of 80
latest reply

Message 23 of 80
latest reply

STOP FIXING THINGS THAT ARE NOT BROKEN!!!  The option to leave off the pricing information was already available by selecting GIFT PACKING SLIP! Why is the price hidden? Why is the shipping paid hidden? Why is the total hidden? THIS MAKES NO SENSE TO KEEP CHANGING THINGS THAT SELLERS WANT AND NEED TO SOMETHING USELESS! And where was this announced? Did you give advance notice? NO! I have just wasted over TWO HOURS trying to get this "GLITCH" figured out only to find out that THIS WAS INTENTIONAL!  HOW INCREDIBLY INFURIATING! If eBay was free to use perhaps unexpected changes would be understood but eBay is NOT FREE! STOP FIXING THINGS THAT ARE NOT BROKEN AND NO ONE WANTS!

Message 24 of 80
latest reply

@cands_gadgets wrote:

STOP FIXING THINGS THAT ARE NOT BROKEN!!!  The option to leave off the pricing information was already available by selecting GIFT PACKING SLIP! Why is the price hidden? Why is the shipping paid hidden? Why is the total hidden? THIS MAKES NO SENSE TO KEEP CHANGING THINGS THAT SELLERS WANT AND NEED TO SOMETHING USELESS! And where was this announced? Did you give advance notice? NO! I have just wasted over TWO HOURS trying to get this "GLITCH" figured out only to find out that THIS WAS INTENTIONAL!  HOW INCREDIBLY INFURIATING! If eBay was free to use perhaps unexpected changes would be understood but eBay is NOT FREE! STOP FIXING THINGS THAT ARE NOT BROKEN AND NO ONE WANTS!

... ebay does NOT want you to see the totals.  that way you can't see if sales taxes were paid.  ebay has already removed the note from orders pages showing sales taxes were collected (if you opt for the new orders pages).  ebay has even gone so far as to show any collected taxes from sales on seller's hub as monies paid to YOU.  as far as i know the ONLY place you can still see if taxes were collected and how much they were, is in the sales record.  (if you are not opted into the new orders pages b.s.).   

Message 25 of 80
latest reply

Happened on 1 of 2 that I printed yesterday and it happened again today.  One had a tax applied and it printed properly, but the other did not.  Today's didn't have tax either.  Could it be related to that?

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 26 of 80
latest reply

Please see response #11 for answer from Trinton on this subject.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/No-prices-or-shipping-costs-on-packing-slip-again/m-p... 

Feel free to respond to him as you may wish with your input. 🙂

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 27 of 80
latest reply

Print the invoice instead of the packing slip.

Message 28 of 80
latest reply

They said it was to make sending gifts easier, ha!
Message 29 of 80
latest reply

@evry1nositswindy wrote:

Happened on 1 of 2 that I printed yesterday and it happened again today.  One had a tax applied and it printed properly, but the other did not.  Today's didn't have tax either.  Could it be related to that?

This is what I found yesterday, too.  The one without sales tax did not show the info.

I really dislike this.

Message 30 of 80
latest reply