cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package Acceptance Pending

My order is stuck in Package Acceptance Pending.  

I went to the USPS site, did a little digging with the tracking number and got the following message:

May 2, 2018, 6:49 am 
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item 
RIDGEFIELD, NJ 0765

So my take on it is that labels can be created without USPS ever receiving the package.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@thomhygnorm wrote:

My order is stuck in Package Acceptance Pending.  

I went to the USPS site, did a little digging with the tracking number and got the following message:

May 2, 2018, 6:49 am 
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item 
RIDGEFIELD, NJ 0765

So my take on it is that labels can be created without USPS ever receiving the package.

Of course the label is printed before the PO can accept it. 

What was the sellers handling time?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

This is normal, a label has to be made and put on a parcel before it can be shipped. There should have been an estimated delivery date on the listing that you could see before buying.  You can find the estimated delievery date in your purchase history. I wouldn't worry unless the last delivery date passes and the item doesn't show up.

If that happens, first message the seller and ask if something is wrong.  If the seller ignores you or doesn't give a good answer, simply wait until the last delivery date has passed. You have 30 days from the last delivery date to open a case.

If your item does not arrive by the last delivery date listed, go to the Resolution Center and pick I didn't get it. Follow the instructions there to get a refund.

There is a link to the Resolution Center on the bottom of every page on EBay. Make sure once you open a case not to close it for ANY reason until you have your refund. Also keep up with the case and have eBay step in when the option becomes available. Do NOT let the case time out.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Yes most postage is printed at the sellers home or business before being picked up or taken to the post office. Also your package is likely well on its way to you. Scans are sometimes missed or not updated timely. Had a recent purchase that did the same thing. Got it just fine. Like mentioned above just watch the estimated delivery and follow the advice if no delivery. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I order my  items from Ebay few days ago,now I get a USPS  notice saying package acceptance  pending.How long does it take before I actually  get my items

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Well, yeah. The seller creates the label usually from the shipping program on ebay. That assigns a tracking number. That does not automatically mean that the post office has possession of the package. I have a package that was picked up by my carrier in January and still shows no acceptance scan. The package is not here, post office says they don't have it, so it's lost somewhere between my warehouse and the post office. Did you ask the seller if it had been shipped under that tracking number? If they stall you in their reply, then you know they haven't actually shipped anything. At that point, just file your INR case immediately the day after the Estimated Delivery Date (watch this closely - you only have a certain amount of time to open a case). They will either need to refund you or ship the item right away.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Package acceptance pending does not mean your item arrived at the post office.

Sellers drop of their BULK shipment at the post office, that bulk shipment has been marked as received as one bulk shipment ,  BUT the seller could have not included your item in the bulk shipment, in which case your item never arrived at the post office. The seller will say it shipped when in reality it never made it to the post office.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here: https://community.ebay.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/shipping-returns-db.

Thanks.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply