cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order sent to wrong address&country

I am in the UK, I ordered an item from the US. The seller sent me a tracking number which when I entered it looked odd, as though it was for a domestic package rather than an international package. According to the tracking number it was delivered  to a PO Box in the US a couple of days ago. Seller has said that despite my order having the correct UK based address on it, it has in error been sent to the aforementioned location in the US.

- Is possible that the correct address on the envelope was ignored? If it was on there how was it bypassed and sent to a totally dissimilar US address
- is there any chance I’ll get the envelope? Either to my UK address or to the sellers return address

Any advice appreciate

Thank you

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@hi-7924 wrote:

I am in the UK, I ordered an item from the US. The seller sent me a tracking number

According to the tracking number it was delivered  to a PO Box in the US a couple of days ago.

Seller has said that despite my order having the correct UK based address on it, it has in error been sent to the aforementioned location in the US.

Any advice appreciate

Your seller has already shown no interest in solving the error @hi-7924 so it's time to cease communication with them and protect yourself: You are not getting the item.

As soon as tracking shows delivered, eBay allows you to start an item not received refund request. Click More actions next to the item in your Purchases page, then select I didn't receive it. Follow along then Submit request.

After 8 days, if you still don't have a refund, come back and click Ask eBay to step in and help to get your refund. Sorry you have to get this sorted.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Is it possible that the package was sent through the global shipping program or through eBay International standard delivery?  Both programs first send packages to a  depot in the US before they are sent internationally.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

There Are some possible things happened.

1. Seller accidently entered a wrong tracking number by a mistake which is suitable for another item that he sold 
  2. Seller is a scammer and trying to pass the period that you can refund from eBay.

What you can do :

1. Ask the seller for tracking information which is trackable with the ordered item .Except the given one .
  2. open a dispute on eBay and take a refund .
Message 4 of 4
latest reply