cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New shipping label page and missing "different zip code"

I typically package items up and the ebay label contains my return address but I ship from a post office near work. The new shipping label page does not contain a "ship from different zip code" anymore. It only allows you to edit your return address. The old page allowed you to edit your acutal zip code you ship from.

I assume the post office doesn't care?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

They do care as it is calculated based on the origin zip code.

Don't try and ship an item with the incorrect origin zip code as it can mess up sorting, etc.

If you need to do this, you can print the label directly from Paypal.

But you should not need to do this as it is still an option under "ship from" then clicking the blue change text in ebay

Untitled.png

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@gkyn29

Your screen shot is from the older version of the label preparation form.

The new streamlined version does not have a way to change the shipping  from ZIP Code, nor does it have a way to purchase USPS insurance or change the shipping date from the "today" default.  Last time I looked at it there was  a link to switch to the old form, as well as a link for "Tell us what you think."

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

@gkyn29

The new streamlined version does not have a way to change the shipping  from ZIP Code, nor does it have a way to purchase USPS insurance or change the shipping date from the "today" default.  Last time I looked at it there was  a link to switch to the old form, as well as a link for "Tell us what you think."

That screenshot was taken 30 minutes ago.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Not all sellers have been switched to the new system yet. Consider yourself lucky.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@Anonymous

Trinton could you check on the zip code problem?  I think a number of us need to change it from time to time for various reasons. 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@gkyn29 wrote:

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

@gkyn29

The new streamlined version does not have a way to change the shipping  from ZIP Code,...

We know that.  You haven't been switched over to the new version yet.  

Here's what you see if you're in the new version and you try to make changes in the return address.  Noplace to add/change he "Shipping from" ZIP Code.

Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 10.13.28 PM.png

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

@gkyn29 wrote:

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

@gkyn29

The new streamlined version does not have a way to change the shipping  from ZIP Code,...

We know that.  You haven't been switched over to the new version yet.  

Here's what you see if you're in the new version and you try to make changes in the return address.  Noplace to add/change he "Shipping from" ZIP Code.

Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 10.13.28 PM.png

Hi @nobody*s_perfect, if a seller is looking for features in the old shipping label form they can select the Go back to classic label printing option in the upper right corner of the page. From here, the ship from Zip code can be adjusted. 

The Tell us what you think link at the bottom of the new shipping form page is a great place to put feedback like this for future enhancements slight_smile

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

• if a seller is looking for features in the old shipping label form they can select
• the Go back to classic label printing option in the upper right corner of the page @Anonymous

So that must mean that the option to revert to the classic printing option will remain indefinitely since that is the only way to access needed functionality?

(in other words: we aren't going to have this conversation again when the revert link disappears in the middle of the night 3 months from now?)
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

How about eBay stops rolling out "new & streamlined" stuff without making sure it has the functions of the old version?

The add note to buyer section is missing as well btw

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

•without making sure it has the functions of the old version?

IIRC, all the missing features were removed intentionally ("not enough sellers used them so nobody needs them")

Idiocracy draws nearer every day.
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lookng2015 wrote:
How about eBay stops rolling out "new & streamlined" stuff without making sure it has the functions of the old version?

The add note to buyer section is missing as well btw

Hi @lookng2015, the purpose of the simplified form is to remove underutilized options and create a streamlined experience. This means that certain functions would not be present by design. While we certainly can make adjustments based on seller feedback, the ultimate goal is not to have a form with all of the same options of the old form, but to instead create a new form that better fits the needs of new or occasional sellers, as more advanced options remain available in the classic view.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@berserkerplanet wrote:
• if a seller is looking for features in the old shipping label form they can select
• the Go back to classic label printing option in the upper right corner of the page @Anonymous

So that must mean that the option to revert to the classic printing option will remain indefinitely since that is the only way to access needed functionality?

(in other words: we aren't going to have this conversation again when the revert link disappears in the middle of the night 3 months from now?)

Hi @berserkerplanet, I can't speak to changes that may come in the future but I can confirm that it is not our intention to remove options altogether, just create a simplified form. This is similar to how we have a quick listing tool for new and occasional sellers and an advanced listing tool for those who need more options. If there are any specific concerns you have with options potentially being removed, I encourage you to use the Tell us what you think link at the bottom of the listing form.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Can they make it so I don't have to click on "go back to classic label printing" EVERY time I print a label. I've had days where I've printed postage for lots of packages -  it will be very tedious to have to click  to change it to the classic label, every time.  I do use a different 'from zip code' also so  I want to/will use the classic label every time, so can my ebay just record my preference and have the classic label always pop up when I go to print shipping?

Message 14 of 14
latest reply