cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with invalid address for buyer

So my stamps acct and USPS website are both saying buyer's address is invalid.   I contacted the buyer yesterday  asking them to verify the address, but have not heard back yet.  

So, do I ship (if it lets me print the label) or should I cancel due to problem with buyer's address?   I did say I would ship within 24 hours to the addy on the paypal transaction (if the system lets me print it) and let them know that if for some reason it gets returned by USPS because it can't be delivered, then they are responsible for all reshipping costs to a corrected address.   

They have received FB in the last month,  but they have not left FB for sellers in over a year.     That was the same pattern I saw with the last buyer I had this problem with.  Coincidence or a new scam?  Sellers really shouldn't have to double-check buyers' addresses! 

previously known as boardnpostsid
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I am more inclined to cancel now.   There is no house number on that street with 208 according to google maps.   I guess I could call the local post office in that town just to be safe.  Almost makes me wonder if a kid ordered this stuff.  smh

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

For goodness sake, just call the buyer!  This is not any sort of scam. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

You've no need to call; check that address at the USPS database.

https://tools.usps.com/go/ZipLookupAction!input.action

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

OP stated that he already checked with USPS.

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Agree. It will show that you care about customers and you will may have one more loyal customer in the future.

Choose a proper time to make a call (I'd recommend you call within lunch time or in the early evening) and do it. If you don't want to call just cancel the order.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@luxe_auto_parts wrote:

Agree. It will show that you care about customers and you will may have one more loyal customer in the future.

Choose a proper time to make a call (I'd recommend you call within lunch time or in the early evening) and do it. If you don't want to call just cancel the order.

And sending the buyer a message to let them know there is an issue doesn't show concern and good customer service?   If this were an expensive purchase, then yes, maybe I would be inclined tocall them, but it isn't.   I would rather speak to someone at their local PO to see if that house number even exists, because it's not showing anywhere online and the googl street view is that of a street with a school on one side.  Almost makes me wonder if a kid could have ordered the stuff.  

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

So I finally find a picture of it online and it shows a boarded up house that looks abandoned.   Maybe someone is living there now, but I still find it curious that the address says it's invalid.  If I ship, it's not going without tracking. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Even if you see that street number on the curb or on the structure, the USPS database has the final say, whether USPS does not deliver to an address.

And that would be your advantage of USPS over Google.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply