cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on a return

Around a month ago I wanted to get my mom better cell phone for mother's day and found a seller with 100% positive feedback selling a Galaxy s5 listed to be in great condition with a charger included.  The phone came and seemed to be in good condition upon arrival.  Fast forward to a couple weeks ago and I now had the phone set up with a new sim card and my mom's network.  Now that the phone has been up and running there have been several problems with it.  It is missing a cover that protects the charging port (the phone flashes a message advising the user to put it on when unplugged from charger),  there is a very noticeable periodic static sound that people on both ends of the phone hear every 4 seconds (seems like the phone has been damaged from water.  The battery drains incedibly fast and takes 8 hours to charge as well.  I did anticipate needing to replace the battery but also expected to get a phone that was in "great condition" as the seller described.  I really wanted to get my mom a nicer phone but this phone is worse than her old entry level smart phone.  The seller does not offer returns.  How should I proceed?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Need advice on a return

Well you bought a used phone at a virtual flea market....there is no warranty. You have no recourse through eBay if you have had the phone more than30 days. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Need advice on a return

@missjen316 wrote:

Well you bought a used phone at a virtual flea market....there is no warranty. You have no recourse through eBay if you have had the phone more than30 days. 

Did You contact the Seller about these issues? IF not at least have the decency to let them know. Some Sellers who sell reconditioned phone MIGHT expect some trouble wit some of them. to do this go to Your purchase history and click on contact seller If that is NOT there go to the original listing And ask a question. You will be given choices and a picture of the item You bought and click radio circle click Item not as described or does not work. IF IT is close to the 30-day mark just go ahead and file at the resolution section at the bottom of the page.

If You have not HAD THE PHONE FOR MORE THAN 30 Days got to the bottom of the page and file an Item not as described. I am sure the Seller will work with you. If You have had the phone over 30 days file it with Pay Pal. You will have to pay the return postage to the Seller. be sure and get postage with a delivery confirmation.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply