cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My last purchase from the eBay

My experience with this seller and with the eBay is such that I decide not to do business any more with both the seller and the eBay.

After this message, I will delete my eBay account.

I’m using eBay for over a decade. Ordered dozens of items and never experienced a single problem, until now.

I ordered a product from the seller from Michigan US, I paid for the item immediately, but the item never arrived.

The seller told me that item returned and that my address is wrong. There is nothing wrong with my address, as I said I received the orders all the time. Two days ago I received one order from China.

They offered me two options: to pay to ship again (35$), or they will process it as a return (20% restock fee and shipping will be deducted from the refund).

That was unacceptable to me. I asked them can they ship to the US. I am from Europe and they claim that they ship to the US free of charge. I’ve got cousin there, so I thought I would figure it out something.

They replied to me saying that that will cost me additional 12$. Why, I asked, if you said you ship to the US for free. They answered that, if the US is shipping destination, the price of the item is different. I checked - it is not. According to the invoice, the price of the item is 151$ and shipping 35$ if they ship to my country. If they ship to the US, the price is 151$, shipping free.

When I asked them about that, they repeated the same offer, only, this time restock fee was not 20, but 10%. (I kept emails just in case)

At that moment I was already **bleep**. And for all that time I was unable to contact eBay. The only option is to call eBay because the option “call me” does not work if you are from Europe. And when I tried to call them I only reach the answering machine. I don’t even want to mention what is the price of the phone call from Europe to the US.

I realized that I will lose, either way, I told the seller that I will pay additional shipping to the US but I will file complain.

The seller then decided to ignore this, they refund me 151$ for the item but kept 35$ for shipping costs.

After that, I finally reached the eBay customer support, but it turns out they support the seller. After a couple of days, they noticed me that seller provided the evidence that item was delivered to my address, at that, I will not receive a refund. Case closed.

If the product arrived, I would not return it because I need it.

When I realized what is going on, I did what I should do in the first place – I ordered the product from the Amazon and guess what? It arrived, without a single problem!

So, my experience – I ordered, paid, item never arrived, but I was still charged for shipping.

Never again.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

If they indeed shipped it and it was bounced back to them because of something on your end, then they would be entitled to keep the shipping fee.  Well they really aren't keeping it.  It was paid to the carrier.

If they addressed it incorrectly, they should've either re-shipped or refunded entirely.

Did you verify the address they used?   

You say it shows arrived?  According to the tracking number?  I am confused.

While US shipping may have been free for the original purchase, they may have used part of the allocated "free" domestic shipping money towards the international shipment and not charged you full price for that.  

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

The seller should have been able to provide proof of why the item was returned , for example with a screenshot of the tracking history.  Additionally, USPS will  usually put an official stamp or yellow sticker on an item if it is returned to sender.   

previously known as boardnpostsid
Message 3 of 3
latest reply