cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My item not as described

Hi!! I bought an iphone on ebay.The seller describe the iphone in perfect condition iphone 6 gold 16gb (unlocked)..When the iphone arrived 1-it wasn't gold but grey ,  2-Didn't charge the battery..when you open the phone first it shows a red line on battery and says the phone is 5% of battery after 5 seconds the line become green and it shows as the battery have at least 30 %..This happened every time the phone restart, 3-because the phone after working 5 minutes restart by itself. The phone was locked by with an email at activation lock and seller tells it is unlocked.Now i have a questions..Why should i return the item that don't work and not as described and pay some other money and waste some other time for this fraud? How can i be protected by ebay if i buy a phone and when i get it doesn't work and it is locked? How should i know that the item is not stolen and where should i report for this? Why don't ebay prevent this kind of fraud sellers and block their account so nobody else should have this bad experience like me. The item is 

In ebay it says Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing..What kind of responsibility seller assumes only i return the item and he refund the money? This is not fair at all..
Message 1 of 51
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

My item not as described

Go to the resolution center and open  a case for Item Not As Described. Seller will either send you a return shipping label or the money to ship it back. Once he get's the phone back, they will refund your money. If they don't want to pay for return shipping and don't respond to the return request, ask Ebay to step in when you can and they will take care of you.

Have a great day

View Best Answer in original post

Message 13 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

My item not as described

Why don't you go to the Resolution Center and open a case for ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED?

Ebay's MONEY BACK GUARANTEE tells you exactly what to do when you get an item that is different than what you purchased.

Go read it, then open the case. Be sure to follow all of the instructions very carefully.

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
Message 2 of 51
latest reply

My item not as described

that is what i did,but ebay offered for this problem, i have to return the item so i could refund my money. Other sites if item is not as described and a non working item ban the seller for fraud and the buyer should not pay another money to return the item to the fraud.

Message 3 of 51
latest reply

My item not as described

Yes, you must return the phone in order to get your refund.

If you and the seller are in the same country, the seller will be required to pay the return shipping cost.

Continue with the case, and do exactly as eBay instructs you to do.

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
Message 4 of 51
latest reply

My item not as described

And if i am not in the same country..cause i am not in the same country?Is it me to pay the shipping cost, why is that? It is not my fault i bought an item and the seller send me another one with nothing similiar that the item seller listed on ebay..Where is ebay protection? Should the seller be penalized about this?

Message 5 of 51
latest reply

My item not as described

@klajdixte wrote:

And if i am not in the same country..cause i am not in the same country?Is it me to pay the shipping cost, why is that? It is not my fault i bought an item and the seller send me another one with nothing similiar that the item seller listed on ebay..Where is ebay protection? Should the seller be penalized about this?

Did the seller ship directly to you?   Or did you use a company or individual to ship it to and then forward it on to you?

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 6 of 51
latest reply

My item not as described

I ask because this listing used the global shipping program but it doesn't show your country as one that it ships to.   

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 7 of 51
latest reply

My item not as described

Never buy from any seller with less than 98% rating.
Message 8 of 51
latest reply

My item not as described

@little_angel wrote:
Never buy from any seller with less than 98% rating.

While I consider this good advice for large sellers with thousands of feedback it's not true for small sellers like the ops.   As just one neg can take them down below that.   And the only neg they had before the op bought was because they cancelled a transaction.  

Message 9 of 51
latest reply

My item not as described

Call ebay and ask for seller to provide a return shipping label? SNAD returns are supposed to be free. And yes, you must return it. You can't keep both the item and your money. It's just like returning an item to a store. When you do return it make sure you keep a copy of the tracking number, if your country has that service. You need proof that you really did return the phone.
=================================================
Search for Anything. 0 results.
Message 10 of 51
latest reply

My item not as described

Your answer was very smart..So if someone sell a cheese for a cake when actually in the shop he says he sells cake who is thief and go jail? I dont want to keep the item cause it doesnt work and it is for trash but why can i pay extra money for a fraud? The seller has now 93 ÷ of feedback after i left negative one and he shipped the item through usps priority mail from usa

Message 11 of 51
latest reply

My item not as described

And it is not like returning an item to a store because if an item has a problem it is ok and you return it without a problem and dont blame no one..but did you see the nr of problems the item have..i am sure seller knew very well the condition of the phone and if he was lucky and i didnt knew anything about phones i should propably kept it and he would be happy with my money and sold a non working phone..but it is not fair to treat customer like this and i think ebay should take penalization for this kind of sellers

Message 12 of 51
latest reply

My item not as described

Go to the resolution center and open  a case for Item Not As Described. Seller will either send you a return shipping label or the money to ship it back. Once he get's the phone back, they will refund your money. If they don't want to pay for return shipping and don't respond to the return request, ask Ebay to step in when you can and they will take care of you.

Have a great day
Message 13 of 51
latest reply

My item not as described

@klajdixte wrote:

And it is not like returning an item to a store because if an item has a problem it is ok and you return it without a problem and dont blame no one..but did you see the nr of problems the item have..i am sure seller knew very well the condition of the phone and if he was lucky and i didnt knew anything about phones i should propably kept it and he would be happy with my money and sold a non working phone..but it is not fair to treat customer like this and i think ebay should take penalization for this kind of sellers

The seller has one other neg for cancelling a sell.  They don’t not have other feedback related to this phone   I think for that you may be looking at the reviews on the item page which aren’t related to this seller   Some of the reviews have been misused and are rating a poor seller instead of phone but again it’s not related to this seller.  It’s reviews other buyers left for other sellers of this phone.  

Did the seller shipped directly to you or did you had it forwarded from another addesss?   

Sellers in other counties ties can not provide return labels but are supposed to provide return shipping costs.  But it’s going to depend on if the seller shipped directly to you or not 

Message 14 of 51
latest reply

My item not as described

I left a negative feedback for a fraud seller but as seem ebay delete my feedback..Seller send directly to my address and he doesnt have return label,he didnt include returning as an option because he knew what kind of phone he is selling

Message 15 of 51
latest reply