cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Post Office has the new Automated Parcel Drop (APD) Anyone else try it?

My Post Office recently installed the new Automated Parcel Drop (APD).  I love it.  You press a button, scan your package, lift the door, place package inside, close it, and it prints a receipt.  Conveyor drops it on the other side.  Only downfall is you can only do one package at a time.  No more worries about the scan for on time shipping.  Anyone else have this new Automated Parcel Drop? 

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: My Post Office has the new Automated Parcel Drop (APD) Anyone else try it?

Here's a picture of the new Automated Parcel Drop.

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

Sweet!

24" x 16" x 12" works for me - that's way more than can be stuffed in a blue box at about 14" x 8" x 5") or the APC bin chutes which are limited to about 20" x 15" x 12"

Wonder when (if ever) they'll get here?

Still going to have the inconvenience of PO lobbies being locked at night (due to theft and homeless living in them), but will still save some PO hours trips to the counter. Still have to take ski pole (60") and tennis racquet packages (30") to the counter.

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

I've been using it for about 6 months. It's GREAT when it works, however 75% of the it's down (I assume full) when I go to use it. The nice thing is it does an acceptance scan (even on Sundays, After hours or holidays!). They had to put the big metal drop box back in because of the unit being down so much. 

Message 18 of 18
latest reply