cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just get first negative feed back this morning... the reason he gives ... too small

The item I sold was mouse pad.  I have already mentioned the size clearly in my listing.  I have bigger size in my listing but he purchased the small one.  Why don't he check well before he ordered...  In stead of giving me negative feedback , he better requests me for exchange or refund... This is very bad and unfair to me. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Just get first negative feed back this morning... the reason he gives ... too small

Yes it is unfair. But feedback is just an opinion. Best course of action is to be calm and professional.  Simply respond to the feedback "measurements were clearly noted in the listing"

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Yes, It is bad to get a negative Feedback for a size issue. I see You are from Hong Kong.

Have You thought about putting Your measurements in inches also so that Americans can see what size Items are in Inches? Honestly, most of us have got things from Asia is that items are not the size we expect them to be. Americans especially My age have no idea what a MM or a CM is in relation to Inches.

I have received some things that I thought would be larger than they are. Putting inches in Your ad would make it clearer to Americans what size the item actually is. I don't know why all Sellers don't do this. Sellers want American Buyers but they make it hard to buy. I have been looking up the MM and cm and translating the sizes to inches so I KNOW what size I am getting.

The buyer probably thought that ALL mouse pads are One size. I have never seen one less than the standard size. What size in American inches was it? As a Buyer, I would think that all mouse pads are a standard size. The buyer probably figures it was a standard size so felt cheated! Yes, he rightfully should have checked the size in Your listing, but probably thought it would be the standard size.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@imakesugar

Just  checked out the internet and one can buy  just about any size pad you like plus they come in a variety of thickness and surface material - not certain what a standard size mouse pad is.  e.g. one company  sold three basic sizes Small  Medium or Large  an offered three different lengths & widths of each size category or a total of 9 di.ff sizes and all were available in at least two thicknesses  that equals 18  size variations in all.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@imakesugar wrote:

The buyer probably thought that ALL mouse pads are One size. I have never seen one less than the standard size. What size in American inches was it?  

The OP lists a "Small" (which was bought by the complaining buyer) as 18cm x 22cm (approx. 7" x 8.66") and a "Big" as 25cm x 29cm (approx. 9.84" x 11.4").

Just for comparison, I measured an old Micron Computers mousepad on my desk here that was supplied with their desktop computer (a zillion years ago) as a company freebie, and that measures 7½" x 9", which I would consider to be a "standard" size, even if there's no official definition of the term. There are plenty of applications out there for which a larger mousepad might be preferable.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

yes eBay very unfair to the sellers 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I deal with "wrong size" orders all of the time. Message the buyer and get them to state exactly what size they intended to purchase. When they mention a different size, thats all you need to get this removed. You just need a buyers remorse admission to call eBay and have them remove it. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I don't know how important FB is to sellers, but it's somewhat important to us as buyers. The majority of us can look at feedback and the item to figure out what the issues are. I would say this is true in 80% of negative FB. In this case, the measurements are clearly visible, and easily and quickly converted on the internet. For the seller's protection, it may be a good idea to include inches in the measurements for those who may not know there's a difference,  and for those simply not paying attention.  

In this case, the measurements are clearly visible, and easily and quickly converted on the internet. For the seller's protection, it may be a good idea to include inches in the measurements for those who may not know there's a difference,  and for those simply not paying attention.  

The pad I'm currently using is 7"x9". I've been known to play a game or two 🙂 I've never had a problem with it being too small. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Wow! who would have known they have that many sizes! LOL I guess I have been using My laptop too long! 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I have an optical mouse, no need for a mouse pad.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply