cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Parcel Stuck at "Origin Post Preparing Shipment."

Should I consider this a lost cause? I ordered from a seller I've bought from before, and previously it took around two weeks for me to receive a package from them. This time, however, they ship on August 31st, the tracking showed it was processed through a facility but was still designated as "Pre-Shipemnt." It has been nearly a month since the last update - no arrival at my door, no notice left, no updates - this is likely a goner, lost to the void of dissapeared packages? 

Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 12.54.06 PM.png

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I should add that the seller is cordial, and I could receive a refund, but I want to know from others experience if it is finally time to ask for one, or should I be more patient?
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hi,

I recently experienced the same thing.

I purchased an item from a Chinese seller that I had done business with before.  She is the only eBay seller with the item I wanted.  She shipped my item August 4.  Delivery was supposed to occur somewhere between Sept 6 and October 10.  Tracking showed the "origin post preparing shipment" message for over a month.

I kept checking the tracking thinking my item was lost as past purchases had arrived in about 2 weeks.  On Sept 11 the tracking finally showed the item arrived at the Chicago sorting facility, showed the rest of the USPS info updates and was out for delivery to me that day.  I received the item on the day the tracking finally updated.

Sometimes the USPS tracking info is slow to update.  You can contact your local post office and ask them to put a tracking / tracing inquiry on your item.  That might get your item moving.

You have to wait until after the final delivery date passes before requesting a refund from your buyer.  If you opt for a replacement it will probably arrive long after your ability to get a refund passes. 

Hope your item arrives soon.

Best wishes,

BonnieJo

Message 3 of 3
latest reply