cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think I've been scammed.

I bought an item that was supposed be something else.   I was shipped an item that was not the item eBay said was sent and I received the item today.  The user says the item is shipped from California but the package I received came from Canada and did not include the correct item.  I want to receive a refund.  I would rather also receive the correct item if there was a mistake made.  I sent the seller a message to which they have not responded.  There is a return label which can be used to send this back to the seller but again, I am quite confused because the address is in CANADA, not CALIFORNIA, and the return address is a DIFFERENT CANADIAN ADDRESS than the address I received the item from.  I feel like I am being scammed.  Somebody help.  Please.

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

That is a Cali. address, not Canada.

Have a great day

View Best Answer in original post

Message 21 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

So, eBay is just a giant, Chinese scam machine?  This was my first time ever using it and now that I'm checking "stores" these items shipped which are the incorrect ones are all coming from stores that coincidentally sell the exact same products?  I would like a response from an eBay representative and also a response on how to receive a refund as quickly as possible.  The whole reason I chose to use eBay was because was to make things easier and more affordable and now I'm finding that eBay is allowing illegal activity to take place?  Another potential scammer user eshopping1009.  Says they're within the USA but that the shipping is going to come from Canada?  I didn't know to look for these things before shopping online.  I believed that eBay would be verifying this beforehand.

Message 2 of 46
latest reply

If they didn't ship the correct item, click Resolution Center (bottom of page) and select: I received an item that does not match the seller's description.

Hit continue and follow the directions your are given.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 46
latest reply

I did that and it brought me to a place to print a return label that is to a different address than the place that shipped me the original wrong item.  So, I should find a way to print this label, have it mailed to Canada by March 3rd, expect it will be in Canada by March 3rd, and expect that I will receive a proper refund even if it's returned to a different shipping address?

Message 4 of 46
latest reply

If you ship it to the address on the label, you are covered.

POsTiNg Id
Message 5 of 46
latest reply

Just to clarify, if I ship it to the item on the RETURN LABEL I will receive a refund and am covered even though it's a completely different address than the other one?

Message 6 of 46
latest reply

If you ship to the address on the label, it scans as delivered, you get your refund.  It will not be automatic, the seller will have to issue.  If they are late in issuing, you can ask ebay to step in.

POsTiNg Id
Message 7 of 46
latest reply

If you use the label Ebay sent you, and tracking shows the package gets delivered, you would be covered.

Have a great day
Message 8 of 46
latest reply

It says no postage necessary if mailed within the United States but the return address is Canada.  Does that make a difference if it's going to Canada or the fact that it's being mailed from within the United States?  It will not be going to the United States.  It will be going to Canada.  Plus, the seller on their website says that they are shipped from the United States.  California.

Message 9 of 46
latest reply

Are there times that these are ghost addresses and the package is never delivered?  If so, does eBay take this into account and issue the refund?

Message 10 of 46
latest reply

Is there an eBay MOD to respond to this Thread?

Message 11 of 46
latest reply

DOES THE NO POSTAGE NECESSARY APPLY IF THE RETURN ADDRESS IS CANADA?

Message 12 of 46
latest reply

The seller is from China and they are shipping from Cali., but I don't know why the return address would be Canada.

If Ebay sent you a return shipping label through the return request use it.

The seller is the one paying for the return, so they can have it sent anywhere they want it to go.

Have a great day
Message 13 of 46
latest reply

I appreciate your calmness and candor.  They did NOT ship from California however.  They shipped from Canada, and the return label is to a different Canadian address.  Member is claiming that they are shipping from California on their store site, but this is not the case.  The shipping came from Canada as marked on the envelope, not California, so it appears that by claiming to be USA they can get USA return labels to wherever.  This is what it is appearing like.  They lied about shipping from California.  They have USA return labels with Canadian addresses on them.

Message 14 of 46
latest reply

@andredavidso-89wrote:

I appreciate your calmness and candor.  They did NOT ship from California however.  They shipped from Canada, and the return label is to a different Canadian address. Member is claiming that they are shipping from California on their store site, but this is not the case.  The shipping came from Canada as marked on the envelope, not California, so it appears that by claiming to be USA they can get USA return labels to wherever.  This is what it is appearing like.  They lied about shipping from California.  They have USA return labels with Canadian addresses on them.

Uh no. They can’t get US labels that they can actually use if they aren’t shipping from California. What is the return address ON the label?  Is it Canada or the US? And who is the carrier? It’s not possible for eBay to issue an international return label.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 15 of 46
latest reply