cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got the wrong item and the seller refuse to accept the return

I"ll try to be very carefuly in order to be according with the ebay policy of "no name , no shame".

I ordered a badge that is selled in two versions. 

1 - with a part of the badge applied on the badge and stick with adhesive , very nice.

2 - with the same detail draw on the badge , less nice because is not so visible.

I ordered the first kind.

Before the buying I had a few mails with the seller , in order to make shure that I"ll got the right badge.

I sent even photo of his own description of the badge.

When I got the badge I saw that is the second one , not what I ordered and payed for.

I let the seller know about the mistake , and I had the surprise that the seller didn"t check the item before shipping (the seller had no idea when the item was shipped).

So , it"s clear that the seller did not check the item before shipping it , and the mistake was made by the warehouse.

I opened a return request , and now the big surprise :

The seller offered me as a solution to became a "middle man" , to send the item to somebody closer to my country , and after that  to refund me.

Question : 

I am only a buyer , sending the item to another client , on the anvelope will be my name. So I"ll become a seller ? 

Never the less : I have no ideea what badge the third part ordered. And if he or she will be in the same situation like me ? I"ll be blamed because is my name on the anvelope.

Interesting solution.

Of couse I closed the request as absurd , and I lost the money and the posibility of geting the right item.

I have no intention to became a "transit point" and help sellers to run away from their own responsability. 

What can I do ?  

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If you received the wrong item but already closed the return out, all you can do is open a claim against the buyer stating the item is not the item you received.  This is in the Resolution Center for eBay and it will ask you for which listing you purchased and what is the issue of why you are opening the case against the buyer.  State the item is the wrong item you received.  

As long as 30 days has NOT passed since you received the item you can do this, eBay might take awhile and ask for any info including any emails or messages the seller sent you to prove the seller did indeed send you the wrong item.  Once the case escalates that the eBay has the final say, it will be out of your hands.  Please note eBay will ask you to contact seller first, state in the claim already contacted seller and seller ask you to send wrong item to another potential buyer, for him/her.  

As for getting the funds back, if eBay finds the case in your favor, it will take 24 hours for the funds to be put back into your account, if not, you will lose out, either way it worth a shot to try.

IF it has been MORE than 30 days, but your did the transaction through Paypal, go through Paypal and open a case against the seller.  You have like 90 or 120 days to file a claim against the seller for wrong item shipped.   

Either way its a option for you.

Hope this helps. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

File a SNAD complaint with eBay. Significantly not as described. After 3 days, if the seller does nothing, you will be issued as return label. Ship it back. You will receive a complete refund when tracking shows it is delivered. It is generally advised not to accept an offer to ship a replacement if one is made.  That could result in stalling and you could lose your opportunity for refund.  

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I think it’s too late for that. He said he closed the return. He shouldn’t have done that.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Thank you , I know that by closing the request I loose any chance to get anything back or insteed.

But :

The idea of the seller to make me "middle man" or "transit point" drived me craisy , simply I did not believed what I saw.

I am after a major surgery , very difficult situation and I have no power to fight with this kind of sellers.

I"ll be more carefull next time

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

If you received the wrong item but already closed the return out, all you can do is open a claim against the buyer stating the item is not the item you received.  This is in the Resolution Center for eBay and it will ask you for which listing you purchased and what is the issue of why you are opening the case against the buyer.  State the item is the wrong item you received.  

As long as 30 days has NOT passed since you received the item you can do this, eBay might take awhile and ask for any info including any emails or messages the seller sent you to prove the seller did indeed send you the wrong item.  Once the case escalates that the eBay has the final say, it will be out of your hands.  Please note eBay will ask you to contact seller first, state in the claim already contacted seller and seller ask you to send wrong item to another potential buyer, for him/her.  

As for getting the funds back, if eBay finds the case in your favor, it will take 24 hours for the funds to be put back into your account, if not, you will lose out, either way it worth a shot to try.

IF it has been MORE than 30 days, but your did the transaction through Paypal, go through Paypal and open a case against the seller.  You have like 90 or 120 days to file a claim against the seller for wrong item shipped.   

Either way its a option for you.

Hope this helps. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Thank you but as we say "I lost the train".

The ebay system take me back to "return item" and after that I can do nothing because I closed the request.

Maybe I don"t know how to open a claim , only how to open a request.

By paypal , I"ll try.

The probelm is that the item was erased by ebay from the item listing , so all my apeals go to an item that no longer is in the ebay list.

What to do ? 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

If you paid through Paypal, go there and file a Not As Described case.  Be prepared to return it at your own expense. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

A

This Seller lied  to you.   As you have just found out,  some  sellers here are not honest---and YOU NEED  to learn how to protect yourself.  But you made mistakes  in this situation----and you  need to  do this  differently next time.   First I do not know what you mean when you said  you made " a request"  to the  seller.   And then you cancelled the request.  Why did you cancel  that request??

OK you need to start over.  On the top of  the main Ebay page---look to the  far left.  Find and click on  the word Account.   One option that will  appear is "PayPal Account.    Click  on  PayPal  and LOG IN to your PP account  with your Password. 

You will  then see an option  that says something like ---Item was NoT As  Described. 

Click on Not as Descried and tell Paypal you  were sent the  wrong item.  you  do not

need to  say any more than that.  Do NOT  go into a long  story---because  that will just confuse the PP service people.)

Within  a  few days PP will find in your favor

Next time you have any problem buying here--doSmiley Happy NOT TAKE ACTION ON YOUR OWN.  Instead come here to this Board  and  as  for advice. 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

ANCA..Do not give up.  Please find and read the Reply I tried  to send to you  a minute ago.  My  eyesight has gotten bad---so  I addressed it to MY BOARD  by mistake---but that Reply was meant for YOU. 

Sorry about that.  Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Since you closed the case on Ebay, go to Pay Pal and open an Item Not As Described case.

You will probably have to pay return shipping.

Have a great day
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Thank you to you all.

I know now what to do.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

It"s for the first time that I am in this position and really I don"t know what to do.

And as I said , I am after a major surgery with not so good results , so I have no mood for this.

Making me "middle man" took me by surprise , and I have other problems.

Tht"s why I close the case.

I simply want to forget the situation and move on with my problems. 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply