cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set printing preferences for labels?

Sorry to bother all with this one, but I did search before posting.

When I print a label (onto sticky label paper), it prints the label AND also prints a receipt and a lot of boilerplate on the same label--which wastes perfectly good label paper on the receipt.  I can see no way to suppress the receipt part and print just the label, either in the printing dialog boxes or in my account.

Any suggestions on how to manage this?  BTW, other systems I have used allow suppression of the receipt part...

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@alexmoleculartist wrote:

Any suggestions on how to manage this?  BTW, other systems I have used allow suppression of the receipt part...

On the old shipping page, in the upper right, there was a link that said customize or something like that, that is where you go to adjust that setting.

On the new shipping page, I'm not sure if it's in the same location or not, I haven't looked.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Um, thanks

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Look for LABEL PREFERENCES and you can suppress printing out that lower portion.  I don't use the new label flow, but LABEL PREFERENCES is still in the bulk printing on ebay.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Layout and receipt preferences are there in the new Label flow.

ebay_new_label_flow_122718_change_format.gif

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

So changing the format, suppresses the receipt info portion?

disneyshopper

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Yes - Layout and receipt preferences are there" on the dialog that opens. Receipt checkbox can be unticked in that dialog. (note that that change is sticky, and also carries over to the classic label flow - it is a universal setting)

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Thanks.  I thought clicking that change format would change from PDF to whatever.

I print on adhesive labels, 2 on a sheet, so I have already suppressed the receipt portion.

I was presented with the new print flow in my ebay bulk printing today, and I saw that same screen.  Took a bit of getting used to.  I'll have to poke around to see where I can change the SHIP FROM zip code as I ship from 3 different post offices.

disneyshopper

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

>>Thanks. I thought clicking that change format would change from PDF to whatever.

The option to change to PDF or PNG format is these along with the receipt preference.

>>I'll have to poke around to see where I can change the SHIP FROM zip code as

>>I ship from 3 different post offices.

You have to enter new ship from addresses now - eBay claim is that a ship from address is required by USPS now and not just a ship from zipcode (sounds reasonable but I've found no documentation to support that assertion. Doesn't mean it's not true, and I haven't dug up any new label specification or API docs that might include that requirement yet)

Read buyselljack2016's and my posts here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Ebay-needs-to-fix-its-shipping-label-generator/m-p/29607310/hi...

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Thanks for the reply!

My ebay bulk shipping just changed on my other selling account.  I have one item to ship on Monday, so we'll see if my bulk shipping has changed for this account.

disneyshopper

Message 10 of 10
latest reply