cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long from china to canada

How long does it take to arrive to Canada from china. I bought something that was shipped through epacket on August 10 and my Canada post app says it's still en route to Canada. That doesn't seem right. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

all that matters is the latest delivery estimate eBay gave you. It's normal for it to take 4-8 weeks to get something from China. It's also normal for the tracking to not work. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

4-8 weeks using epacket? Everything I've read said 15-25 days to be delivered, it's going on 20 days and it hasn't even arrived in Canada yet. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Ive had epackets take as long as 60 days to show up.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Oh wow, i didn't realize it could take that long. Thanks!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I ordered on July 4, 2017. The estimated delivery ended on August 24, 2017. I communicated to the seller through the resolution centre. The seller informed me to wait for another 10 days before the seller resends the item. After reading a large number of posts regarding shipping from China to Canada, two to three months delivery is common in recent years.  Registered air mail with tracking is faster on delivery in general. There are numbers of reason for such a long delivery time.

1. Surface mail from China (lower delivery cost)

2. Forward and consolidation in some other countries (lower delivery cost)

3. CBSA inspection

4. Canada Post ground mail (lower delivery cost)

Delivery by couriers is a lot faster but the delivery charge is a lot higher too. CBSA inspection process for couriers is not the same as for Canada Post. Sometimes, couriers add brokerage fee as a surprise (BTW the fee describes in detail in the shipping contract) to the buyer.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply